Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kompany, Yaya, Sergio, Spanish Dave, Pab Zab, Raz, a couple of Premier Leagues and Carabao Cups and an F A Cup all like this post.

I think Pep is certainly a huge draw for any top players out there, but ultimately players want to win things and with or without Pep we've been the most consistent trophy winner in PL in the last decade.

It seems a lot of posters are worried about (a) the cost of us buying Haaland and (b) scared of Haaland going to a rival (Chelsea). Surely if he's too expensive for us and wreck our wage structure, surely he'd do the same at Chelsea. I'm confused as to what is best? Should we sign him and knacker ourselves or let him go to a rival and fuck them up?

Get him signed. If we don’t a rival will and he won’t fuck them up he’ll win them bloody trophies that I would rather see City win.

Haaland or Kane, I don’t mind, but we must get one of them, especially if Chelsea get the other and the scum get Sancho.

The one thing we cannot afford is to stand still while rivals always seem to find the money somewhere, despite their debts of hundreds of millions.

In the world outside of football their wages would be drastically different and rightly so.

With Harry Kane, you’re signing a world class talent with his peak years guaranteed at the football club.

With Haaland, you’re signing a world class prospect with him either leaving the club or renegotiating a higher contract for his peak years.

Comparing a Haaland wage parity with Kane is like Foden demanding the same as KDB. It will set a dangerous precedent.

Only, if foden and kdb were both at other clubs and both costing over 100m to bring in, and one gave you an immediate return for a short time and the other an immediate return and longevity.

I would still argue parity in wages in that scenario, and argue foden was the better and more sensible signing.

Get him signed. If we don’t a rival will and he won’t fuck them up he’ll win them bloody trophies that I would rather see City win.

Haaland or Kane, I don’t mind, but we must get one of them, especially if Chelsea get the other and the scum get Sancho.

The one thing we cannot afford is to stand still while rivals always seem to find the money somewhere, despite their debts of hundreds of millions.

Is there any strong or reliable indication that we are going to standstill and not sign anybody ?

Only, if foden and kdb were both at other clubs and both costing over 100m to bring in, and one gave you an immediate return for a short time and the other an immediate return and longevity.

I would still argue parity in wages in that scenario, and argue foden was the better and more sensible signing.

There is currently no guarantee that Foden and Haaland will reach the level of KDB and Kane. I personally reckon they will, but they’ve got a long way to go before they do.

Paying them the same as the finished product now is stupid business. What will they then demand in five years time? What will KDB demand if he sees a player nowhere near his ability or value to the squad earn the same as him?

Also, why the obsession with longevity? Five years is a long time in football, never mind ten years.

Is there any strong or reliable indication that we are going to standstill and not sign anybody ?

There doesn’t seem to be much indication of anything at the moment, unfortunately.

But if we don’t get Kane or Haaland then it’s pretty much standing still as no other striker available would improve this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.