Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong - I get some of that but the issue with these test events for me is that none of these people will be travelling in Covid-secure bubbles to and from the venue. We had it with the League Cup Final. Only the City fans had to travel on "Covid-secure" transport, yet those fans arriving on trains were then permitted to travel on the tube to Wembley which kind of rendered the Covid-secure transport thing meaningless.

Isnt that still a valid part of the event in theory? when your looking for how many people are effected by an event surely travel to and from counts in that calculation? I guess they must be testing both with AB groups, some in covid-secure travel and others not. will be able to then see a view on how many catch it in the travel vs at the event?

All over-18s in England should be able to book jab by end of week - NHS boss​

All adults in England should be able to book their Covid-19 jab "by the end of this week", NHS England's chief executive says.
Speaking at the NHS Confederation annual conference, Sir Simon Stevens predicts the national booking service will be open to all adults aged 18 and above by the end of the week.
He says the health service will "finish the job" of the Covid vaccination programme to the "greatest extent possible" over the next four weeks; adding that by 19 July, it aims to have offered two thirds of adults in England both vaccine doses.
He cites today's extension of the rollout to 23 and 24-year-olds as evidence of the "great strides" the health service is making towards this goal.
He adds: "Of course, vaccine supply continues to be constrained, so we're pacing ourselves at precisely the rate of which we're getting that extra vaccine supply between now and July 19."

Boris is trying to pass this as a win for the wedding industry, it simply isn't!

I can have my full guestlist at my wedding now, which is great. But they can't fucking do anything after they arrive! It's a load of fear-mongering bollocks at this point.

Boris is trying to pass this as a win for the wedding industry, it simply isn't!

I can have my full guestlist at my wedding now, which is great. But they can't fucking do anything after they arrive! It's a load of fear-mongering bollocks at this point.

really feel for you mate

personally a full wedding but not allowed to dance etc just doesn't feel right

I do not get this at all, That prediction of a wave has to be a worst case scenario if the virus evolves and evades the vaccine. Not any kind of extrapolation from what we know now and are seeing now.

At the current rate with which people are dying we would need multiple times as many cases daily as we were getting in January to get close to matching the hundreds of deaths a day we were getting then.

If they are seriously predicting 200.000 cases a day - say - for the 4% who the data says might still be hospitalisd after being vaccinated then why was that not made clear? It would have done the trick in making people respect the decision and take seriously the precautions.

I do not see how those figures remotely stack up against the vaccine data as of now or what we have seen from the Indian vatiant doing its worst in Bolton and having produced hospitalisations in the dozens not even the hundreds and deaths in single figures.

And if they really think we are facing a wave of hundreds of thousads of cases a day we would surely be in a proper lockdown not half way to being fully open.

What am I missing?
I said a few weeks ago that these experts are clinging on to relevancy at the tail end of this pandemic.

The figures are so far off the mark that it discredits all their work over the past 16 months.

The Tories will lap it up as they know the numbers will be considerably lower. They will use it as propaganda to prove how well they coped with the pandemic. Loads of gormless fuckers will vote them back in at the next election.

really feel for you mate

personally a full wedding but not allowed to dance etc just doesn't feel right
It's not a wedding if people aren't allowed to dance. We're basically asking 100+ people to come and sit in a mask all day and not talk to interact with anyone other than their own household. What's the point?

And I'm paying tens of thousands of pounds for that privilege....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.