Sergio Ramos

Rumoured that he’s looking for £12m netto, which would be over £20m gross. He‘d need to play a lot to justify that outlay, which makes me think it more likely he’ll go elsewhere.

Still a good acquisition for someone. The rags must be sniffing the air.
If he plans on getting that American experience eventually, that’s when we would even things out

No, different scenario. Laporte seems to want to leave and his body language the past few months seem to indicate this. Getting into the Spain national team makes it even more likely that he will end up at a major Spanish club. And I would guess City has been aware of this desire for awhile, and that’s why it wouldn’t shock me if conversations with the Ramos camp have indeed been happening for months
Laporte after his injury was a very different player and his attitude had changed markedly.

I like him as a plyer, class, but he has become a mard arse, particularly after Dias has come into the side.

If Laporte is hell bent on moving on and a club is willing to pay what we deem acceptable he then bringing in Ramos for a couple of seasons would be phenomenal business from us.

Would free up cash to address the matters we need the most this summer too.

Whereas people mention about how great Kane would be for Delap to learn off or Messi would have been for Foden etc I think people forget how young Dias actually is, with Ramos day in day out learning his trade while he’s still at the age he can absorb things like a sponge it would be wonderful experience for him and dare i say it make him even better than he already is.

Rumoured that he’s looking for £12m netto, which would be over £20m gross. He‘d need to play a lot to justify that outlay, which makes me think it more likely he’ll go elsewhere.

Still a good acquisition for someone. The rags must be sniffing the air.
Definite rag signing for me, I recall people saying Schweinsteiger was a good signing for them, that worked out well. KdB would almost certainly want wage-parity if the rumoured £400k a week figure is anything like true. If Spain don't think he's good enough for their Euro squad I can't see why we'd be interested.

Definite rag signing for me, I recall people saying Schweinsteiger was a good signing for them, that worked out well. KdB would almost certainly want wage-parity if the rumoured £400k a week figure is anything like true. If Spain don't think he's good enough for their Euro squad I can't see why we'd be interested.
400k a week for a 35yo lol if that is what he asked from Real and they have shown him the door, nobody is paying him that much, a modern footballer in 'I'm a greedy ****' shocker.

well he's a leader and I don't think we have enough of them to be honest barring Dias, KDB etc
Would be an acute and smart signing with some edge.

First of all I think Ramos is one of the greatest CB in history. Yes, you really hate him when he is playing against you but his quality cannot be denied. A warrior, a great header, so strong, smart, a real leader, a real threat from the air and an excellent penalty kicker. Despite all this, I would not give up Laporte for Ramos, solely because of age by the way, because Ramos at his peak is several levels above Laporte. But if Laporte want to leaves then Ramos could be a great option to save money to bring Kane or Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.