Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 19498
The larger household size as mentioned by @ctwrd is very much based on fact as shown above. What is particularly prominent is the percentage of families with more than 4 people living together.
This, coupled with the lower take up of vaccines amongst the south East Asian community probably leads to a greater prevalence and higher transmission.

BTW this is not meant to be critical of those communities in any way, shape or form, purely just presenting the facts.
yep thanks, i think i said there is a difference of mean 2.5 vs 3.5. I dont deny this fact.

That's what I was thinking. Over 25s are being invited to turn up to some park in London on Saturday, and specifically being told they don't need ID documents or anything of the sort.

Wouldn't think your brother should miss out @city saint , just have to declare any known allergies, illnesses etc surely?
honestly he keeps being pushed from pillar to post

I was referring to the Indian community. Rundown, and Manchester terraced housing vs London suburbia.

They are not among the most deprived ethno national groups, as measured by IMD.

There's a lot of poverty down here too. That reminds me, I am going to a local Poverty Commission meeting today.

So what's everyone's views on where we are up to now?
Lots of people seem to think we will get in another lockdown Sept / Oct despite the mass vaccination programme.

They are not among the most deprived ethno national groups, as measured by IMD.

There's a lot of poverty down here too. That reminds me, I am going to a local Poverty Commission meeting today.
We were discussing the formation of clusters and now you're talking about national groups, and comparing Harrow to parts of Bolton/Blackburn. Chalk and cheese and there most likely is your answer.

So what's everyone's views on where we are up to now?
Lots of people seem to think we will get in another lockdown Sept / Oct despite the mass vaccination programme.
The reason for lockdowns is to reduce transmission when cases reach the level that hospitalisations and deaths are so high that the NHS is in danger of being overwhelmed. The hope with vaccines is that the link between cases and hospitalisations/deaths has been weakened to the point where the NHS is in no danger even if infections are as high as they were before. In that scenario, there would be no real justification for a further lockdown. We will know more about how the vaccines have affected the linkage in the next few weeks but the current data looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.