#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil please leave the England camp ! This knobhead Southgate isnt doing you any favours.
England are just above pub level cant you find any Spanish or German, or French blood in your family lol

Southgate doesnt like flair players thats why you are first sub, that's way he wont play Grealish.

Phil just ignore that knobhead southgate and soon you will back under the guidance of the worlds best coach and not this pub team manager.

Involved in 41 league games in first 3 years out of a possible 114. For such a talent (U-17 WCup player of tournament) one in 3 isn't enough. He didn't start that many of them either. Hardly burn out. Pep didn't do that to Messi at same age. Last season, Phil was up to 28 out of 38 but not so many starting. Every time the media raved about Phil, Pep benched him. The guy is now 21. It's scandalous how under-used he has been. Pep's team selections recently have been bizarre, costing us 2 trophies and losing some credibility. Time that Pep learned to manage himself better.
He's just turned 21, he needed nurturing, he started in the Vinny goal game v Leicester but was just not experienced enough to deal with a game of that magnitude and was substituted. Pep has handled him brilliantly and the lad is an important part of our squad, saying Pep's selections have cost us two trophies is the kind of entitlement I never expected City fans to have, it's ridiculous in the extreme. His selections and management have won us 8 trophies in the last 4 years, 3 of which are the hardest to win in world football at present, give your head a wobble.

I'm prob alone on this, but I was pleased he got hooked as we need him back rested and certainly not injured.
A comp we have very little chance of winning with Southgate at the helm, so the more rest for our lads, the better.

You do know that Pep is a "Manager" and not someone who just picks the best 11 players for every game don't you". Its a squad game and the team played over 60 games last year, perhaps you would like him burnt out by his mid 20's by playing every game he is available
People rave over the handling of Foden however if he wasn’t a blue he’d have been long gone. Taken out the team far too often and easily when he’s without doubt in our top 3 players. No coincidence the majority of our games we haven’t won is when he’s left out. Not saying play every game but KDB rarely gets rested or dropped, why is Foden someone we need to wrap in cotton wool? We talks of the likes of Haaland Mbappe etc and Foden being close to their level, do you see them dropped or rested? It’s a shit myth that pep gets credit for how he’s handled him. In my opinion he’s handled him poorly.

as for England it’s a disgrace Sterling continues to play 90 odd minutes whilst Foden gets subbed. That’s a dinosaur of a manager for you

People rave over the handling of Foden however if he wasn’t a blue he’d have been long gone. Taken out the team far too often and easily when he’s without doubt in our top 3 players. No coincidence the majority of our games we haven’t won is when he’s left out. Not saying play every game but KDB rarely gets rested or dropped, why is Foden someone we need to wrap in cotton wool? We talks of the likes of Haaland Mbappe etc and Foden being close to their level, do you see them dropped or rested? It’s a shit myth that pep gets credit for how he’s handled him. In my opinion he’s handled him poorly.

as for England it’s a disgrace Sterling continues to play 90 odd minutes whilst Foden gets subbed. That’s a dinosaur of a manager for you
Agree with you, last sentence only though.

Tin hat time but im not sold on Phil being some mythical god. Yes he's a decent player but the greatest thing since Maradona he is not.

Tin hat time but im not sold on Phil being some mythical god. Yes he's a decent player but the greatest thing since Maradona he is not.
Its all relative isn't it. Compared to most homegrown 20 year old he stands out. He doesn't look out of place in a team with great players . Will he push on to the next level to be a worldie ? who knows but in that England team he's head and shoulders better.

Agree with you, last sentence only though.
Anyone can think or feel what they like, the beauty of places like this and discuss, I do categorically believe though if Phil wasn’t a city fan there’s not a chance he’d have stuck about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.