Harry Kane

Whether you want Kane at City or not, judging him or any other player by their performances in the Euros whilst being managed by Gareth fucking Southgate is really rather foolish.
Do you really think Southgate is that much worse than 95% of national team managers?

I can't believe that most people on here wouldn't prefer Haaland. He's much younger, and his ceiling is a fair bit higher than Kane's.
But it's not really the point. I've seen nothing to indicate that Haaland is actually available. We need a genuine striker now. This summer. Not next. Kane has sent out signs that he wants away (even if Levy doesn't agree). We're not exactly slumming it if we get him. He is a bloody good player, the best English striker of his generation. I for one will get right beyond him if he pulls on that sky blue shirt.
Would obviously be over the moon if we got Haaland. I just don't believe it's going to happen. As for Danny Ings, I mean seriously, people, that's a huge drop-off from the other two.
As for Kane's performances in the Euros. Not even paying attention, frankly. Kane played 35 of Tottenham's 38 PL games. With Son, he was just never rotated. Overall, he played 49 games for a team where every ball is heading for him. The man is temporarily burnt out. It is temporary.
Raz is as burnt out as him, incidentally. He too played 49 games overall. As to whether it's temporary in his case, well. ..I'm not quite so sure. We'll see.

Last edited:
£100m (as currently rumoured) for a glass ankled 27 year old, generally penalty scoring forward.

seems rather a lot to just solve City’s penalty taking issues of the past few years…

I think we have far better (multiple) players/prospects to spend so much on, in this fiscally challenging time.

if we do spend so much, I’d hope it’s on someone longer term… ie haaland

He might have a slight issue, Southgate hasn't the bottle to rest him so hes been dragged onto the pitch.

A more representative of his last 12mths is this,

Doesn't look "slow" "old" "past it" "50yr old ankles" in any of that footage.

After 18 months of Jesus being our main finisher due to Aguero’s injuries, I’d just love a bloke who is ruthless. We create chances and Kane would finish them without doubt. Plus his link up play is brilliant.

Not just these euros thou , he was crap in the last world cup , a few pens and a shot that hit is heel as he was trying to get out of the way to win the golden boot !. Plus the champions league final he was crap.

Can Kane perform at the next level up from the premier league ? He is 27 and hasnt performed yet.

Personally I am more and more in the Haaland camp. If not him I fancy Torres playing centre forward and Jesus on right wing ;)
The Euros or World Cup are definitely not the next level up :)

Motley crews of unbalanced sides who get almost no chance to train with each other.

£100m (as currently rumoured) for a glass ankled 27 year old, generally penalty scoring forward.

seems rather a lot to just solve City’s penalty taking issues of the past few years…

I think we have far better (multiple) players/prospects to spend so much on, in this fiscally challenging time.

if we do spend so much, I’d hope it’s on someone longer term… ie haaland

The Haaland point is mute though if they won’t sell unless they get €180-200m this summer? Add into the equation Haaland allegedly wants £400,000 a week wages starting and mino being involved imo signals no deal! Then if we did sign him and he’s banging in goals we would have mino in every two years wanting more money and threatening to move him on? Haaland also wants to play in Spain so say he signs a 5 year contract with us and decides after 4 years he wants to leave and runs his final year down to either leave for nothing or city sell him for a nominal fee? I personally don’t think the club want the circus that comes with Haaland now or in the future and as has been mentioned pep isn’t looking more than two years down the line anyway?

Levy wants £150 million for Kane.
Fuck right off!
I would rather have Calvert Lewin at 1/3 that price. Not injury prone and masses of room for improvement at his age. Really underrated imho.

Not just these euros thou , he was crap in the last world cup , a few pens and a shot that hit is heel as he was trying to get out of the way to win the golden boot !. Plus the champions league final he was crap.

Can Kane perform at the next level up from the premier league ? He is 27 and hasnt performed yet.

Personally I am more and more in the Haaland camp. If not him I fancy Torres playing centre forward and Jesus on right wing ;)
The fact you'd fancy Torres and Jesus wide probably suggests a poor judgement when it comes to football however I’ll bite.

Firstly your whole critique of Kane is judged off international football which is beyond foolish. Also don’t down play “a few pens” that could be the difference for us at some point, having a reliable penalty taker, but again, if we judged solely on international football we wouldn’t have played Sterling at his best for us, as for years he hadn’t scored for England. We’d ignore Laporte as he couldn’t even get a look in internationally.

Kane was rushed back from injury far too soon for the champions league final. An absolute imbecile would be aware of that but you’re then using his performance to criticise him. Spurs were shocking from top to bottom and as England are proving now, a striker needs service. Take that away and you’re then expecting them to do everything all on their own. I also wouldn’t judge players on how they perform in a champions league final, you’d never want any of ours to play again.

Kane is a goal scoring machine for club and country, the chances we create he’d score even more. To not want him is idiotic. If we do sign him I’d love to see everyone scrambling about not knowing what to say when he scores for fun.

The Haaland point is mute though if they won’t sell unless they get €180-200m this summer? Add into the equation Haaland allegedly wants £400,000 a week wages starting and mino being involved imo signals no deal! Then if we did sign him and he’s banging in goals we would have mino in every two years wanting more money and threatening to move him on? Haaland also wants to play in Spain so say he signs a 5 year contract with us and decides after 4 years he wants to leave and runs his final year down to either leave for nothing or city sell him for a nominal fee? I personally don’t think the club want the circus that comes with Haaland now or in the future and as has been mentioned pep isn’t looking more than two years down the line anyway?
I agree, Haaland would be nice, but seems to have fallen into greedy agent clutches.

Basically I ’d like almost any other forward than Kane. There’s even a couple in the academy…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.