Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never has such a player generated so much hype and myth on both sides of the argument. It can be difficult to cut through to see any measure of reality. He has bags of potential, undoubtedly. He still has a lot to prove, undoubtedly.
If we sign him, I wish him well. If we don't, I won't lose any sleep. Reminds me of the hype around Zaha. Look how that has turned out....
But he could also become the next Silva...
Anyone stating certainty on him is foolish. He still has a long way to go and still has to play in a team of similar talents. Many a slip (dive ) betwixt cup and lip as they say.
Best way to cut through the hype, who does he play like, if you answer Bernardo give yourself a pat on the back, now does he offer anything that we do not already have at the club? one thing that we do miss is Sane`s pace and on that note take a good look Sane`s his performances now he is getting used on the right plus all the legends calling him

Best way to cut through the hype, who does he play like, if you answer Bernardo give yourself a pat on the back, now does he offer anything that we do not already have at the club? one thing that we do miss is Sane`s pace and on that note take a good look Sane`s his performances now he is getting used on the right plus all the legends calling him
On missing Sanes pace.

Would still like us to go back in for Kingsly Coleman if we sold Berny or sterling

Utter joke if we spend anything close to 80m for him let alone PL transfer record which would be currently Pogba's transfer at around 100m.

He is someone that might struggle to break into first eleven. This is not Aston Villa and the teams we play use majorly different tactics when playing against us compared when they play Villa.
Also, he’s the main man at Villa and everything goes through him. Will he be the same when it’s split between him, Kev, Foden, Mahrez etc? And for 120mil-ish, we could get Haaland or Kane, or Lukaku and a LB.

Good player, no way near being worth 90mil.

Not as good as Bernardo as well

Bernardo may well want to leave and whilst many of us would prefer that he had a different outlook, keeping players who really want to go is not a great idea.

Whether Grealish is as good a Bernie is debatable and I would need to see JG playing for City to know for sure but probably not much in it although I think Bernie may be more of a utility player than Grealish but both can play across the attacking midfield line.

As to any possible transfer fee, couldn't give a monkey's and it continues to amuse me that so many people seem to get worked up about transfer fees. So long as the club manages their spend so that they can fulfil all their needs, I am happy. All the club needs to do is ensure it stays within any FFP guidelines.

Will produce far better numbers than Bernardo.

When we have all our players available, Bernardo is limited to a workhorse role because he isn't best playmaker and he isn't in our top 2 wingers.

On missing Sanes pace.

Would still like us to go back in for Kingsly Coleman if we sold Berny or sterling
Coman's injury record is quite terrible for us to take that sort of risk in an even more demanding league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.