Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking what?

Are we watching the same player? Iniesta? Fucking hell. Can I have some of whatever you've taken?

How about we keep Bernardo and not buy this over rated fop?
but thats what he does best flop to the ground over n over again, no chance we get them free kicks and if we do it disrupts flow of game

2 very conflicting reports from Sam Lee, about as conflicting as you can get. one saying we're confident in a deal, the other saying theyre confident he'll sign a new contract.

Reckon our whole summer's going to be like this haha
If you actually read it (I know, I know) Sam isn’t reporting both things. He’s saying people in both camps seem confident of whichever outcome suits them, pretty big distinction:

Regarding Grealish, there is confidence that a deal can be wrapped up swiftly, although his ties to Villa cannot be underestimated.

According to a growing number of people within the game and sources close to the most powerful decision-makers at City, a deal is ready to be completed.

However, sources close to the player are under the impression that he is ready to sign a new contract after all. Villa also appear confident this is the case, a year on from when he last signed an extension, and have been telling their new signings that they will be playing alongside Grealish, not replacing him, even if just for one more year.

Grealish left the country for his holidays in midweek and his future is now in the hands of his representatives, and if he does ultimately stay at Villa Park it would represent a U-turn given the progress made in a move to City.

Last edited:
Maybe the fact of the matter is Grealish is undecided and he is indeed tempted by the new offer by Villa, else I don't see a reason why we wouldn't have signed him already. Of course, there could be a case of the timeline, firstly euros, now holiday for players, and enough time to also get more clarity on who's leaving
So you can't see a reason why we wouldn't have signed him already, and in your next sentence, you go on to list three reasons?

Villa CEO announced it in a meeting with one of their supporters groups after Grealish had signed his new deal.
Why would Villa CEO publicly declare Grealish has a release clause putting clubs on alert right after a new deal? For the record the info on his clause has been reported by reliable Villa journos as well.

Whether he's already made up his mind to sign a new deal is a whole different story obviously, could be true, could be ours

Villa CEO announced it in a meeting with one of their supporters groups after Grealish had signed his new deal.

Depends how the question was asked! It might not in writing but a shake of a hand gentleman’s agreement that he could move for a certain fee if a champs league club come in for him!

Here’s my guess at the current situation (pure speculation).

We have agree’d a fee with Villa which is why the rumours from our side are positive.

Grealish’s camp are using his strong ties to Villa and talk of a new contract to negotiate the best possible deal with City, which is why there are rumours of a new contract coming out of Villa.

Why would Villa CEO publicly declare Grealish has a release clause putting clubs on alert right after a new deal? For the record the info on his clause has been reported by reliable Villa journos as well.

Whether he's already made up his mind to sign a new deal is a whole different story obviously, could be true, could be ours
Yes but look at it the other way, he’s going to get more stick for denying and it then being true than admitting there is a release clause and the reason why. I think Sam’s being fed porkies.

Here’s my guess at the current situation (pure speculation).

We have agree’d a fee with Villa which is why the rumours from our side are positive.

Grealish’s camp are using his strong ties to Villa and talk of a new contract to negotiate the best possible deal with City, which is why there are rumours of a new contract coming out of Villa.
That doesn't make sense. You say we have agreed a fee then go on to say based on Grealish's ties to Villa to negotiate a better deal with us.

Confused. Com I am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.