Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we don’t get the player. Unless he kicks up a stink similar to Mahrez and try and drive the price down then I don’t see it. But he’s been sold the dream that the team will be built around him and they’re investing more blah blah. What would you think a good price would be? Or even City’s expected fee to be?

60m deal

Having watched Peps interview and all the Grealish talk can’t help but think one of our attacking midfield / forward players are leaving as well as Aguero. Peps interview hints at there being a few players wanting to move on rather than just Laporte and it’s now a few times he’s mentioned it.

I feel Raz wants to leave. Or is playing out he wants to leave as part of his contract negotiations. B.silva and Gundo may well be having a think about it too. Mahrez may well have earlier in the season. So Pep is right to publicly challenge that and sit with them at the end of the season and see where they are at going into the next one.

One player that seems to never want to leave, is Zinch.

Who saying he's not needed other than ill-informed fans?

He's not though, is he?

If you think he improves the squad or he's an upgrade on a specific player then that's fair enough.

But, in case you haven't been keeping up to date, we've just won the league for the third time in four years and we're about to play in the Champions League final tomorrow.

Saying Jack Grealish is needed is like Jeff Bezos saying he needs another yacht.

If we're about to sell an important player or two then that all changes but that's not the case yet.

Don’t believe it! We ain’t paying 100m

No way are we paying that. Doesn't mean it won't be asked though.

I doubt there is any form of 'release clause'. That is just not the norm here. A gentleman's agreement perhaps, but even then, doubt it is for any less than 80m. Which I also can't see being paid.
Besides, in times of economic recovery, gentleman's agreements all get chucked out the window. Anywhere really.

I simply can’t believe City will pay 160% of their transfer record for Grealish.

I do think we need two new midfielders (one long term replacement for Fernandinho, even if he stays, and one additional box to box midfielder to supplement Gundo’s contribution. Hate to say it, but someone like McTominay), but they need to be young, possibly not the finished article, and both for well under £100M!!!

If we pick up Grealish for anything close to £100M, how do you not play him…but where and for whom?

I simply can’t believe City will pay 160% of their transfer record for Grealish.

I do think we need two new midfielders (one long term replacement for Fernandinho, even if he stays, and one additional box to box midfielder to supplement Gundo’s contribution. Hate to say it, but someone like McTominay), but they need to be young, possibly not the finished article, and both for well under £100M!!!

If we pick up Grealish for anything close to £100M, how do you not play him…but where and for whom?
We have to try Doyle in that role before we sell him or let him go this season he needs the game time..

Grealish signed his new long term contract when Covid was rife so he ain’t daft he put in a buy out clause as reported at the time in a the media by a few outlets!

Jack Grealish's new Aston Villa contract contains a release clause, it has been reported. ... Though this offer was rebuffed following Villa's takeover by Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, The Times report that the new deal contains a clause which would allow Grealish to leave for an offer in excess of £45m.

I honestly don't beleive that though. say it was true and at 50m to make it easy would be a great signing.
No way villa agreed to that though, why would they. They could get more than that by not extending his contract and paying him less, and demanding high when someone comes in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.