Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not though, is he?

If you think he improves the squad or he's an upgrade on a specific player then that's fair enough.

But, in case you haven't been keeping up to date, we've just won the league for the third time in four years and we're about to play in the Champions League final tomorrow.

Saying Jack Grealish is needed is like Jeff Bezos saying he needs another yacht.

If we're about to sell an important player or two then that all changes but that's not the case yet.
See my reply earlier. Your last sentence is relevant

Hardly anything to do with your claim though. Or my question.
Of course it is. You were saying we don't need a player where we appear we'll stocked. Pep has said he knows people want to leave and, because we don't know who those players are, your quote was ill informed as we very well may need reinforcements

That is the problem with abrupt snide sweeping statements (your initial one), they are meaningless, without further elaborating.

And frankly still not quite right. We don't need graelish any more than we need a new centre half, a new goalkeeper, a new anything really. Even in the context of what Pep said.

edit, that was meant to be to your reply to me btw

So we need Grealish because Pep made some throwaway comments in an interview?

If Sterling, Mahrez or Bernardo want out or if we want any of them out and we can find a buyer then Grealish or whoever will become a necessity to fill that gap but you're totally jumping the gun.

Right now, as things stand, he isn't needed. He's a luxury purchase.

They know he's worth around £60m so have put stories out that they'll only talk at £100m.

We'll meet somewhere in the middle.

We have to try Doyle in that role before we sell him or let him go this season he needs the game time..
Tbh, I think there are a handful of Academy stand outs who need to get some game time next season. Getting them 5 mins as a 3rd sub is a waste of time when it comes to assessing their ability to step up.

I hope we will start seeing some of these lads get a start to see how they get on for at least 60 minutes.

Last edited:
That is the problem with abrupt snide sweeping statements (your initial one), they are meaningless, without further elaborating.

And frankly still not quite right. We don't need graelish any more than we need a new centre half, a new goalkeeper, a new anything really. Even in the context of what Pep said.

edit, that was meant to be to your reply to me btw
Saying I'll informed, is not being snide, far from it.
Again, unless you know (which I doubt), which players have either informed Pep they want out, or which players Pep might want to move on, you cannot say with any confidence, we don't need x, y or z.

Grealish would be a cracking signing. You can never have too many top class players. Look how many games we play, and with injuries, suspensions, loss of form, etc throughout a long season we don’t want a drop in quality when we rotate.

We want to dominate not just compete. Get in the best players we can while we’re the best and have the pull of Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.