What if we just went with Delap, Jesus, and Torres?

Tin hat time.
Delap will get two League cup games if he's lucky. Pep will never throw youngsters into the first team, he always goes for tried and tested. He'll be another Sancho scenario, albeit a few years older.
Not convinced with Torres, looks world class one game then a poor version of Ricky Holden the next.
Maybe I'm just turning into a miserable twat but the prospect of Kane/Grealish on huge fees and wages does not appeal to me either. If that's all that's available, keep the powder dry rather than spending for spendings sake.

Phil Foden likes this post.

Navas was 28 when he came to City, Torres is just 21, wait until he is 28 before comparing his career to Navas's.
Agreed. Torres has got fantastic potential. It's difficult to predict what level he can achieve. For example Jesus has not kicked on as much as I thought he would though I still rate him as an excellent player for us and Brazil. Torres has great technical skills and is a much better finisher than Raheem. But Raheem works twice as hard and that brings its rewards.

Tin hat time.
Delap will get two League cup games if he's lucky. Pep will never throw youngsters into the first team, he always goes for tried and tested. He'll be another Sancho scenario, albeit a few years older.
Not convinced with Torres, looks world class one game then a poor version of Ricky Holden the next.
Maybe I'm just turning into a miserable twat but the prospect of Kane/Grealish on huge fees and wages does not appeal to me either. If that's all that's available, keep the powder dry rather than spending for spendings sake.

I agree with this apart from the last paragraph, which I couldn’t disagree with more.

The point I was trying to get at when I said Pep will never throw youngsters into the first team. Foden was gradually introduced which appears to have reaped it's rewards.
So Phil was gradually introduced and has 124 first team appearances and 31 goals before hitting 21 years of age. Not to mention 9 England caps and 2 goals.

I would hate to estimate how many goals and appearances he would have had if he had been thrown in at the deep end?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.