Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why though with all the news outlets saying he’s going and we are now at final fee and payment structure stage? @BillyShears and @tolmie's hairdoo have direct links into the club who have both said on here that Grealish wants it and Billy has been told that Jack has turned down villas latest contract offer as he has his heart set on moving to city? I know you don’t want it to happen but you just can’t ignore is way more likely than unlikely?

I'm just applying my own logic and critical thought to the situation. It could be flawed. It's just an opinion.

'News' outlets? There's a misnomer, if ever there was one! :-) You can choose to believe such sources if you want. It's a fool's game, though. Much the same with the Chinese whispers of people who know people.

Jack had his 'breakthrough' season just gone, at least in the eyes of people outside VP. He got a lot of adulation from people outside. So maybe he HAS had his head turned. He wouldn't be the first.
We'll know soon enough, either way.

Tin hat time!!!!

I think the latest stories about City preparing first bids and the move being finalised in a few weeks are false leaks put out by City.

I think this is closer than that. If it's going to happen it'll happen within a couple of days of Grealish returning to England. Especially if there is a release clause. Why drag it out?

This is like with Kane last week. Somebody unexpected puts out a sudden message that he's gone (Clemmie Moodie) which is then backed up by a reputable City journalist (Blackburn). Then over the next couple of days we get some really random stories from City's end, about how now suddenly there are alternatives, about how it's going to go to the wire, about how he's too expensive, about how United may want him in Tottenham's eyes. All of a sudden we hear this all for the first time; none of these stories were in the papers in any substantial way prior to this big news story. And suddenly a few days later, we're not talking about Kane anymore. Mission success.

With Grealish, somebody unexpected puts out a sudden message that he's gone (the reddit guy) which is then backed up by a reputable City journalist (Lee). Now all of a sudden we're hearing for the first time this entire summer that City are making a move, when previously it's all been hush hush.

tl;dr I think City are trying to keep things quiet and discreet, and certain stories from the City end should probably be taken with a pinch of salt. Confidence should have been drawn from the fact that City didn't outright deny these stories as they have with others.

If Mr Grealish through his people have agreed personal term with us, I would imagine the deal is virtually done on all sides.

Now we just have to go through all the political bullsh1t to show Villa did all they could to stop him leaving .

OK, I'm going to kind of defend the touchiness of the Villa fans here.

I remember when Paul Lake was being courted by Liverpool before he did his knee, I remember when Chelsea bullied us into selling SWP (although SWP grabbing 2 goals on his return v. Sunderland was f*cking great), and I know just how painful it would be if the roles were reversed and Foden was being courted by a Villa who were Champions and CL runners-up (I'll even go further and remind our fans that they've actually won that trophy whereas we haven't).

It's annoying not to be top of the tree and to be cherry-picked. Bloody annoying indeed, infact.

Up until ol' Sheikhy tipped up did any of us ever think in a million years that we'd be in this position (5 league titles in 10 years, numerous pots, a CL final and players clambering over their own grandmother to join us) ?

I certainly didn't.

So a little more humbleness and magnanimity (I know that I've butchered the spelling there, but who gives a f*ck) wouldn't go amiss.

Even when you have bitter brummy c*nts coming on here to troll us lot of bitter blue c*nts.

Thats all. :)

Tin hat time!!!!

I think the latest stories about City preparing first bids and the move being finalised in a few weeks are false leaks put out by City.

I think this is closer than that. If it's going to happen it'll happen within a couple of days of Grealish returning to England. Especially if there is a release clause. Why drag it out?

This is like with Kane last week. Somebody unexpected puts out a sudden message that he's gone (Clemmie Moodie) which is then backed up by a reputable City journalist (Blackburn). Then over the next couple of days we get some really random stories from City's end, about how now suddenly there are alternatives, about how it's going to go to the wire, about how he's too expensive, about how United may want him in Tottenham's eyes. All of a sudden we hear this all for the first time; none of these stories were in the papers in any substantial way prior to this big news story. And suddenly a few days later, we're not talking about Kane anymore. Mission success.

With Grealish, somebody unexpected puts out a sudden message that he's gone (the reddit guy) which is then backed up by a reputable City journalist (Lee). Now all of a sudden we're hearing for the first time this entire summer that City are making a move, when previously it's all been hush hush.

tl;dr I think City are trying to keep things quiet and discreet, and certain stories from the City end should probably be taken with a pinch of salt. Confidence should have been drawn from the fact that City didn't outright deny these stories as they have with others.
Goes to check the estate agent’s :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.