Harry Kane

Sandier is REALLY highly rated at the club! Thoughts are if he hadn’t had the injuries he’s had that he’d be a starter. Txiki is apparently a huge fan!
A starter before Ruben, Stones or Laporte? I have not seen anything to suggest that is realistic. I even think Ake would be preffered for 4th spot

Put it this way, if Kane threatened to do it and seriously got it ready and gave Levy 1 last warning, 100% Levy would back down and decide to negotiate.
Levy calls his very obvious bluff and Kane spends his entire accumulated wealth on retiring from football at the age of 28. He never ever would do it and everybody in the negotiating room knows he wouldn't. It's an empty threat and when everybody knows it's an empty threat there's zero leverage.

When you say you can't compete with our cash, what cash? FFP dictates our transfer budget like it dictates yours. You've seen the response from UEFA when they thought we'd overspent by €67.53c. They didn't want explanations, they wanted buckets of blood drained from our neck preferably.

Here's the difference fella.... Our owner cleared City's debts, & turned his investment into equity. Your owner like others, just loaded the debt on the club, with all the interest & those debts will be paid before you invest in your squad.

That's down to the way Spurs is run, NOT because our owner gives us billions to spend every summer. For the avoidance of doubt, allow me to repeat. Sheikh Mansour has NOT invested a penny into Manchester City Football Club since 2014. Everything we've spent, we've had to generate & have provided certified accounts to these effects.

This is why statements like 'We can't compete with your cash' pisses our fans off. What you've spouted is purely folklore bollocks mate. We merely have a better owner who is totally committed to our club, & not just looking to fatten it up for a future sale. Our owner wants City to be a totally self sufficient success, on & off the pitch.

The fact is that we're one of the best run clubs in world football. What you're seeing now isn't City just spunking hundreds of millions because we can, it's come about as a result of us NOT being able to afford Sanchez, Pogba & Maguire who all ended up at ManUre, who COULD afford the fees being asked. Much of the money we're spending now, is from money we've refused to spend in previous transfer windows, so was in the bank as an ever increasing transfer war chest.

Our management team would rather us go without, than buy a substandard player, just to fill the squad. Where we are now has been over 13 years in the planning, & the scary thing is, there's much much more to come. We're a well run club, not a rich man's vanity project plaything that he spunks his billions on to make him look like a big shot.

THIS is what makes the clubs who keep creating more FFP barriers to stop us, ever more sick with jealousy.

I agree.

Whatever the reason is, we can't compete with you.

Why does that make you so angry?

It should make you happy.

It doesn't make sense.

I think if we get grealish and not Kane it's a bit of a cock up unless we have a plan B for another striker. No disrespect to grealish he's a good player.

If we lose Silva as well its a huge gamble from the club.
Paying £150m for Kane will be a cock up.
Apart from the fact he ain’t worth that.
All along we’ve heard £120m is our limit, if we pay £150m it won’t bowed well for future deals.
We’ve walked away from deals in the past cos it doesn’t represent value for money, we pay it and it’ll make it more difficult and expensive to get future deals over the line IMO.

A starter before Ruben, Stones or Laporte? I have not seen anything to suggest that is realistic. I even think Ake would be preffered for 4th spot
Sandler’s forward passing is arguably better than the abovementioned, by dint of the fact that he started as a midfielder, but he still needs to develop physically and learn how to defend in a more aggressive league.

Paying £150m for Kane will be a cock up.
Apart from the fact he ain’t worth that.
All along we’ve heard £120m is our limit, if we pay £150m it won’t bowed well for future deals.
We’ve walked away from deals in the past cos it doesn’t represent value for money, we pay it and it’ll make it more difficult and expensive to get future deals over the line IMO.

Spot on. People are in such a flap about us getting a striker they don't care if we get dry bummed in the process. We will have our limit on Kane based on his age etc. and if we can't get an agreement we will walk away.

If the only way to get Kane is to sell Bernardo and Laporte, I’d do it tbh. Ake is left footed, we’d just have to give him more of an opportunity. And Sandler seems more than capable of being 4th choice to me. Not ideal. But I’d rather have Kane and Sandler than Laporte and nobody.

It still doesn’t mate sense why we won’t pay the fee Spurs want but we would if they left. Maybe it’s not we won’t, but we can’t, which certainly adds credence to the stories that we’d get one of Grealish or Kane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.