Climate Change is here and man made

But again we say that nothing is beyond the wit of man but we are sprinting onward and it's not like we don't know that it's happening. We don't even need technology, we just need to work out how to stop at the stop sign.

I live up the road from one of the largest new estates in the country, it was once brown field land (Chorley ROF). They could of turned it into woodland or a park but instead it became a massive housing estate including loads of factories and so on. In 1930 there were just fields, no roads, no houses, nothing and now it's 4 square miles of concrete.

This is happening up and down the country, not just with houses but warehouses, production sites, factories, it's endless. How can you replace the total destruction of habitats and loss of species with technology?

The only technology that can help us is a time machine.

I realise this isn't the point your making but tech wise, But, Fusion, Fusion will help if and when we get it working. we could replace all electrical supplies very very quickly once we do. clean and plentiful electricity for all and the ability to power CO2 scrubbers to actively remove the CO2 from the atmosphere.

the biggest hurdle will be how to get around the legalities of patents etc if its a company that makes it 1st so it can be user globally for as cheap as possible,

But again we say that nothing is beyond the wit of man but we are sprinting onward and it's not like we don't know that it's happening. We don't even need technology, we just need to work out how to stop at the stop sign.

I live up the road from one of the largest new estates in the country, it was once brown field land (Chorley ROF). They could of turned it into woodland or a park but instead it became a massive housing estate including loads of factories and so on. In 1930 there were just fields, no roads, no houses, nothing and now it's 4 square miles of concrete.

This is happening up and down the country, not just with houses but warehouses, production sites, factories, it's endless. How can you replace the total destruction of habitats and loss of species with technology?

The only technology that can help us is a time machine.
Not so mate.

The world may look like its covered in concrete but it really isn't. There's VAST tracts of greenery which outweigh our urban sprawl. Here in the UK - one of the most built upon countries on planet earth, 94% of land is green space, and 6% is built on.

EDIT: Or less than 6% :

And then you look at places like Russia. 17 million square kilometers of vastness. it is 70 times bigger than the UK, and perhaps 10 times less densely built up. Ditto Canada, ditto Brazil etc. The world is green (and blue of course).

As to your comment about we don't even need the technology (to limit climate change)? Well actually we do. Why? Because making the dramatic and wide-ranging changes needed WITHOUT new technology to help us manager or reverse the changes, is simply not palatable to enough humans.

Last edited:
Missed that.

There are plenty of reports out there about how bad they are, seems to be something that needs to be worked on for sure.
Some ships are truly shocking in the amount of sh*te they pump out. Often poorly maintained, inefficient engines,fuelled by the worst possible high sulphur content industrial-grade fuel oil.

I've heard tales of ships which are transporting waste oil actually supplementing their legitimate fuel supply with the waste oil they've been carrying.

he is a bit of a one trick pony pardon the pun, if its not you or me or Bigga or whoever else he will pick on some one else who he thinks watches Fox news to call a fuckwit who knows nothing about nothing.

I am waiting for the climate alarmist equals climate denier tag after having googled the synonyms of both words and convincing himself they are a synonym for its shows you know nothing and how good am I westy of fode or whoever I told them didn't I , I expect a like.

Must have been a big fan of John Banner I reckon and once its posted he gets off his high until the next fix takes over.

Actually I don't mind him , he amuses me with his vocab which is devoid of expression if you remove the vitriol out of it but he wouldn't like me saying that as he cannot let the side down.
Is that one of your deliberately garbled nonsense posts that you've put there just to see if anyone pulls you up on it, or did you not realise that it was incoherent rubbish?

I realise this isn't the point your making but tech wise, But, Fusion, Fusion will help if and when we get it working. we could replace all electrical supplies very very quickly once we do. clean and plentiful electricity for all and the ability to power CO2 scrubbers to actively remove the CO2 from the atmosphere.

the biggest hurdle will be how to get around the legalities of patents etc if its a company that makes it 1st so it can be user globally for as cheap as possible,
bravo-clap.gif

Absolutely. It's all about energy. Once we have fusion, we have effectively limitless clean energy. Not only does that at a stroke almost completely eradicate our CO2 output in itself, it also provides near limitless energy to power carbon capture "devices" - be they enormous machines, or vast bio-engineered floating algae tanks covering thousands of square kilometers, or whatever else you care to dream up.

Not so mate.

The world may look like its covered in concrete but it really isn't. There's VAST tracts of greenery which outweigh our urban sprawl. Here in the UK - one of the most built upon countries on planet earth, 94% of land is green space, and 6% is built on.

And then you look at places like Russia. 17 million square kilometers of vastness. it is 70 times bigger than the UK, and perhaps 10 times less densely built up. Ditto Canada, ditto Brazil etc. The world is green (and blue of course).

As to your comment about we don't even need the technology (to limit climate change)? Well actually we do. Why? Because making the dramatic and wide-ranging changes needed WITHOUT new technology to help us manager or reverse the changes, is simply not palatable to enough humans.
I'll remember that for the next immigration thread ta.

he is a bit of a one trick pony pardon the pun, if its not you or me or Bigga or whoever else he will pick on some one else who he thinks watches Fox news to call a fuckwit who knows nothing about nothing.

I am waiting for the climate alarmist equals climate denier tag after having googled the synonyms of both words and convincing himself they are a synonym for its shows you know nothing and how good am I westy of fode or whoever I told them didn't I , I expect a like.

Must have been a big fan of John Banner I reckon and once its posted he gets off his high until the next fix takes over.

Actually I don't mind him , he amuses me with his vocab which is devoid of expression if you remove the vitriol out of it but he wouldn't like me saying that as he cannot let the side down.

Are you still sitting in your mess from yesterday?

Banging away on that legacy laptop may distract you from the smell but it won't stop it going crusty.

Call your carer's agency if she is still not picking up.

Not so mate.

94% is “green space”, but only 13% is woodland and 9.4% is peat bog. And it’s trees (big ones) and peat that are the best natural sources of carbon locking.

70% is farmland and it is farming that contributes most to climate change.
Therefore our 94% green space isn’t exactly doing our carbon footprint much good.

Britain (and Ireland) has some of the smallest percentages of woodland area in Europe

3FA1C35E-F800-4E5E-9CBD-3ECEB928908A.png

we could certainly do better as a country around this, rewooding our green spaces, especially if we want to lead the way on Green like we’ve said we want to.

And around Manchester we have some of the poorest air quality in Europe
and a lack of trees is certainly part of this.

And while only a small percentage of the land is urban, steel and concrete production to build the small urban footprint accounts for 8% and 6% (respectively) of the world’s total CO2 emissions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.