Harry Kane

honest to god I don't actually care anymore if we get a striker. genuinely don't think that was the difference today at all. I can very vividly see this exact same performance with kane/haaland/mbappe/whoever. the structure of the team is just wrong and we are missing attacking *ideas* rather than personnel

was very disappointed to see we are likely getting back last season's sterling and now euros sterling, too. was really rooting for him.

having said all of that would be nice to be proven wrong and have a striker be all it takes to really unlock the full potential of this team, which honestly, despite our amazing achievements last season, I can't be the only one feeling we were far from showing our full capabilities, right?
Playing the false nine whipping the ball across the box isn’t overly going to benefit you. Torres had one chance and fluffed it. Mendys only good side is getting a ball in early and without a proper striker you lack a cutting edge at times, it was a game we missed one and even an aerial threat at set pieces. Might not have changed the result as we’d never know but we need one as our current options are not the answer

We shouldn't be putting all our eggs into Kane's basket. If he gets injured then we'll be snookered, playing the false 9 stuff again. We should be looking at buying two strikers imo.
Buy two. Hahahaha hahahahaha. We can't even buy one.

Most managers have probably spent all summer working out how to stop us scoring. Kane would be a fresh unknown approach. We’ve got everything but a goal scorer

Playing the false nine whipping the ball across the box isn’t overly going to benefit you. Torres had one chance and fluffed it. Mendys only good side is getting a ball in early and without a proper striker you lack a cutting edge at times, it was a game we missed one and even an aerial threat at set pieces. Might not have changed the result as we’d never know but we need one as our current options are not the answer
we didn't play a false 9. torres played a 9 by every definition of a striker. he wasn't coming deep to receive the ball and he made many many runs in behind. the fact that torres is not a striker does not automatically make every time he plays up top a "false 9 system"!

sorry, just a pet peeve of mine lol

city should be smart and play them at there own game and put a bid in for somebody else like haaland
them lets see how smart levy is then and a unhappy kane having to stay at spurs and playing european sunday league teams
We won’t get Haaland. We want Kane so why would we fuck him off for no reason, leave him unhappy at Spurs and is without a striker just to get one up on them?

Striker is desperately needed.

need someone to finish chances off. That’s still the case even with the English lads to come in. If we don’t get a striker in we are going to struggle. no one in our squad has that killer instinct in the penalty box. Couple chances today would’ve been put away by Kane.

spot on matey

and think haaland would walk over the channel for a chance to play for manchester city and at about the same money. also mbappe maybe for sale as well
Yes, but are we sure anyone of them actually want to play for us? Maybe Kane is the only world class striker out of these who wants to join.

we didn't play a false 9. torres played a 9 by every definition of a striker. he wasn't coming deep to receive the ball and he made many many runs in behind. the fact that torres is not a striker does not automatically make every time he plays up top a "false 9 system"!

sorry, just a pet peeve of mine lol
Maybe not but whatever position he was playing it was largely ineffective and that presence upfront is needed. Torres is not the answer. I’d argue it was a false 9 at times as it seemed Grealish played quite central up top, regardless playing someone out of position to lead the line won’t work

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.