Harry Kane

I am guessing that you agreed to lose as part of the deal.

Otherwise why would the second best team in Europe lose to a team that (according to you lot) is worse than Villa?
You cracked it. Football has no nuance and is black and white.

I have no issue with other fans coming on here. Indeed another spurs fan calls it as it is and wished us luck for the season, just as a general gesture of good faith i am sure and i reciprocated. The point however is you can give us both barrels without coming across as the sort of personality that wonders why they don't get invited to social gatherings.

You could note how we are disjointed from midfield onwards or have lost directness in the final third as a result. Just being a smug so and so will just see you thread banned or full banned.

I've already accepted that Jesus will still be with City this season. He's a good hard-working lad but imo not a striker.
If (when) Kane signs, we'll still need a back-up for him, and I'll be disappointed if we don't have an alternative / someone in addition to Jesus.
Torres — they will say...

I’ve had enough of my club being held to ransom for a player who or may not improve us. A player who has scored the total of two goals against us in god knows how many games. A player whom Spurs didn’t need today to beat us fair and square. We have more pressing problems in midfield instead of playing Fernandinho, who was very poor today, than paying over the odds for a striker who is not, in my opinion, one of the best around. I do not want City to be taken for a ride, but that is exactly what I’ve been watching for months on end, even though we should have sorted this problem out at the start of last season when it was decided that Agüero was out.
Does that answer your Q?
He will improve us.. significantly
He will score > 30 goals a season, every season he is a city player
Fernandinho was not poor today, he was one of our better players

That's Pep-style thinking. It worked out well last season but I think this year will be a lot tougher.

In less than ten years, we've gone from having four strikers rotating successfully, to possibly having to rely on one of the weakest strikers I've seen in 60+ years of watching City.

I've already accepted that Jesus will still be with City this season. He's a good hard-working lad but imo not a striker.
If (when) Kane signs, we'll still need a back-up for him, and I'll be disappointed if we don't have an alternative / someone in addition to Jesus.
Lee Badbuy likes this post, I could go on.

If another club makes a late bid for him, this place will self-destruct.

They won't of course. The only club who are likely to will already be saving up to sign Haaland next summer.
It’s because “he only wants us”, they will say...

Lee Badbuy likes this post, I could go on.
Lee was bad, as were (too) many others, but most at least gave defenders something to think about.
Defenders are rarely if ever bothered by Jesus. He occasionally benefits from mistakes, but doesn't force defenders into making mistakes.
He's definitely more of a winger than a striker and I think it's unfair to expect too much of him.

Lee was bad, as were (too) many others, but most at least gave defenders something to think about.
Defenders are rarely if ever bothered by Jesus. He occasionally benefits from mistakes, but doesn't force defenders into making mistakes.
He's definitely more of a winger than a striker and I think it's unfair to expect too much of him.
Fair comments but we’ve had some truly woefully bad strikers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.