Harry Kane

That's Pep-style thinking. It worked out well last season but I think this year will be a lot tougher.

In less than ten years, we've gone from having four strikers rotating successfully, to possibly having to rely on one of the weakest strikers I've seen in 60+ years of watching City.

I've already accepted that Jesus will still be with City this season. He's a good hard-working lad but imo not a striker.
If (when) Kane signs, we'll still need a back-up for him, and I'll be disappointed if we don't have an alternative / someone in addition to Jesus.
I know it’s not all about stats but doesn’t he get double figures every season whilst plaaying a squad role? As I said I don’t think there’s many good strikers who’ll play second fiddle.

You stockpiled a lot of strikers in the early Mansour era but nowadays your team is a lot more built around the midfield.

I know it’s not all about stats but doesn’t he get double figures every season whilst plaaying a squad role? As I said I don’t think there’s many good strikers who’ll play second fiddle.

You stockpiled a lot of strikers in the early Mansour era but nowadays your team is a lot more built around the midfield.
Unfortunately Jesus's credibility took a big hit last season for some blues. But statistically every season Aguero was active and we played a system that leaned more in favour of a centre forward, Jesus made himself an excellent deputy.

That's where Pep's changed the game. His systems overwhelm the midfield of the vast majority of teams, who simply haven't got the same depth of talent to match ours.

When we lose unexpectedly in big games, it's usually down to an error on his part through overthinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.