Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve no squad place even for a striker at this point in time, never mind 2 more.

Don’t know much about this guy, but Atletico have a pretty good record at identifying strikers if that’s anything to go by.
They seem to have tailed off though. Morata and Diego Costa spring to mind.

I think it makes arguably as much if not more sense than the Kane transfer, at least at the prices speculated. €80m, is what £65-68m? for a 21 year old emerging and getting numbers in one of the top leagues. Even if he doesn't live up to it, moneyncan be recouped, or another player can be signed. If he does well, can either stay long term or be sold for a profit. Pretty much the profile the club have been going for.
Or, £150m+ on a 28 year old, who fair enough is proven in the league. But that is big money to spend on the next 4-5 years.

I still think the club will go for and get Kane. But it wouldnt be atypical of the club to go for something like this if they've got to a point with Kane where it is beyond what they are prepared to value him at.

When you look at our track record of selling players it is probably for the best that we sign someone with very little resale value.

On a serious note, £65 million is still a lot of money on a player, it would be our second most expensive transfer in history and more than the vast majority of clubs in the PL and Europe can afford.

IMO, we don't need a player with potential for the future, we have that in Jesus, Torres and Delap. What we need is the finished article who can replace the 20+ league goals a season we have lost since Kun got injured/left.

If we cannot get Kane then we need to take a serious look at Ronaldo or Lewandowski. Even if they do a job for the next 2/3 seasons, they will guarantee us goals.

When you look at our track record of selling players it is probably for the best that we sign someone with very little resale value.

On a serious note, £65 million is still a lot of money on a player, it would be our second most expensive transfer in history and more than the vast majority of clubs in the PL and Europe can afford.

IMO, we don't need a player with potential for the future, we have that in Jesus, Torres and Delap. What we need is the finished article who can replace the 20+ league goals a season we have lost since Kun got injured/left.

If we cannot get Kane then we need to take a serious look at Ronaldo or Lewandowski. Even if they do a job for the next 2/3 seasons, they will guarantee us goals.
When you pay what we paid for Grealish, it sends a message and the market listens. Also, we’re only going slightly above what Spurs and Atletico offered.

I don’t think Vlahovic has just “potential for the future”. He already is an accomplished striker in a league known for being tactically advanced, and one closer to Pep in principles. He wouldn’t struggle here.

I have said multiple times that the reason why it never made sense to pay what was being quoted for Kane is that he brought no commercial return or adds nothing to the brand globally, and those numbers you pay if these factors are involved. So I’m relieved, happy and proud we’re walking away from that unnecessary business, if indeed we are.

But above all, for the way we play and the players we have, we don’t need more than a decent striker. We don’t need the numbers Kane delivers in SOME seasons. That’s why I started saying someone like André Silva would’ve been enough, or others like that. And Vlahovic has what it takes to do the job we actually need. He means danger in the box. And there is potential he can become a star — and OUR star, someone whose accomplishments are rooted here, and not just using us to win titles or add lines to their CV. I’m 100% in.

Wouldn't disagree.

But a differece of at least 40m and likely more, of what the club reportedlybvalues Kane at and what Spurs want for him, might just be too much for thar proven striker averaging less than 20 league goals in the last 3 seasons. If that happens to be the case and they pay significant money on a less proven but younger and cheaper player, I wouldn't really complain. Happy with either. Still not sure I believe the links enough yet, so all hypotheyical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.