Harry Kane

After the performance given by Gabriel Jesus yeterday, who needs Harry Kane? Jesus is an unselfish grafter, a proper team player who has played for Brazil several times. He is also surrounded by experienced players, and nearly all of them are capable of scoring. Forget Harry Kane, he is too expensive anyway. Keep Jesus as the regular centre-forward instead of paying stupid money for a player who is rapidly approaching the end of his career.
Are you worried we'll be far too strong if we sign Kane and it will be unfair to others?

You’re wrong. Also Sterling has had 1 “bad” season, despite being our second highest goal scorer last season. If you think he’s a weak link in our attack then you don’t pay enough attention
Sterling has had a few bad spells but he has also had some great form - especially a couple of seasons back. He's a top player in general. That's why he'd be sellable. But he also was very bad last season for too long. (Mahrez was the same at different times)

I'd much prefer to lose him than Bernardo or Laporte.

It's all about opinions. We have different ones. :-)

I didn't get Arthur's card ...wyn Davies became my next target....I didn't get him either as far as I can recall....you don't always get what you want in life but there will be other days and other players.....if we don't get kane we will get someone else and so it continues....
At least you stopped other people getting / keeping theirs.

Right, it’s been difficult to stay away from this thread and city news as im
On holiday, apart from the result and goals I’ve seen nothing city related for a week. What’s the update with Kane?
I will just lay here with another beer

Although it’s not my money I much prefer when our club signs a bargain. Not that we do much bargain shopping these last few years.

The thing with this Kane deal is we know we will not get a bargain, not even close.

The uneasy part of this transfer going through is the selling of our crown Jewels to fund this. I am very happy with our 1st team squad, I like the players and we have a good blend. The players from our squad linked with moves I don’t want them to leave. If one is sold because they are unhappy fair enough but not so happy if they leave to produce funds for a player that in today’s market is overpriced. That by the way is not Kane’s fault, that is down to seller and buyer.

After the performance given by Gabriel Jesus yeterday, who needs Harry Kane? Jesus is an unselfish grafter, a proper team player who has played for Brazil several times. He is also surrounded by experienced players, and nearly all of them are capable of scoring. Forget Harry Kane, he is too expensive anyway. Keep Jesus as the regular centre-forward instead of paying stupid money for a player who is rapidly approaching the end of his career.
It’s just one game dude.

Or
Straight from ferns mouth we have to sell before we can buy. Coupled with mullock’s article last night I think it’s becoming pretty obvious unless we find a buyer for Laporte or Bernardo we will go with what we have. Explains why we haven’t upped our offer.
it could be all part of the plan, leaking information out via the club captain to a Brazilian journalist?
it’s all part of the dance, the show of hands, the bluff, the feint, etc.
does Levy cash in on a disgruntled striker now, or hold on to his only chance of attracting talent and winning anything?
you can bet there will be other striker options being looked at, other scenarios as part of Plan B/C etc. the party line is Kane, and Kane only, but like yesterday with Jesus out on the wing, Pep will be running through multiple scenarios in training and with the board on possible striker options, options with the ones we have, and the ones we could buy.

Sterling has had a few bad spells but he has also had some great form - especially a couple of seasons back. He's a top player in general. That's why he'd be sellable. But he also was very bad last season for too long. (Mahrez was the same at different times)

I'd much prefer to lose him than Bernardo or Laporte.

It's all about opinions. We have different ones. :-)
think i'd rather keep sterling and our cash than swap that for kane. i rate kane but the money is silly. i wouldn't even do a straight swap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.