Harry Kane

What’s this bollocks about being promised a shirt number and if he doesn’t get it he won’t come because it affects his marketability?? He should be thrilled to get any number he’s given to play for Gods own club and win something in his twilight days, and a bonus to be rid of that rancid shite London shower he turns out for now.

Personally would have liked to see him start every game in the championship for Stoke or a similar type of club. if we don’t get Kane i hope pep gives him a good amount of games in the cups and at home to the likes of Brentford, Watford etc

I don't mind keeping him until January.

He could quite easily play 5 Carabao Cup games (3rd, 4th, 5th round, 2x Semi-Final legs), a CL game if we qualify in 5 games, and 2 FA Cup ties (3rd round, 4th round).

I beleive if he played those games we'd go from talking about a mid-level Championship loan to 6 months in the PL.

Maybe it wasn’t promised to him? I’ve no more idea than anyone else as to the truth about this Kane saga, but I do wonder about the oft used riff on here along the lines of ‘do you think we’re run by incompetent people? Do you seriously think our top brass would allow something as daft as that?’ etc, when in fact it doesn’t matter how rich or powerful the business or organisation is, how much the people at the top are paid, they are still people, and people are fallible, and make some good and some less good decisions.

I’m not saying you’re wrong on this one Paul, it’s just I think there’s a bit of a Wizard of Oz mentality about our club sometimes and about what some supporters imagine goes on behind closed doors (and yep, I know we’ve have some access via the documentary).
When we would have talked to Kane's people at the beginning about personal terms, image rights and everything else why would a number not be mentioned from either side especially if Kane had aspiration of a global Kane10 brand. Even Grealish said he asked for the 10 shirt but didn't think he was going to get it. Of course this would have been spoken about.

New on Amazon, The Harry Kane Bluemoon transfer forum thread in Paperback (Vol1)
obMSmDhPddkcxQ03XQ7uDziZf69uDOeBVPNWOypiGFFLqNw5gTwnaiba0Bc2jtDkCDPG7BV7KOnZ6eUa6LKS9kBLKfa28Xz2V_sYVbZobNbjg7P7W5Uy3A

Maybe not a deal breaker, but did you see the reaction of Grealish when he saw it?

Seemed surprised to me.

So in the negotiations with Kane's entourage the Kane team either didn't mention a number for this world dominating Kane10 brand or they clearly specified that he wants 10 and we assumed it didn't matter.

There is a 3rd option where the guy in the club shop went in the wrong draw (9 and 0 are next to each other I guess) printed the shirt and smuggled it into the dressing room without anyone seeing it to even mention the number might be wrong.

All 3 are nonsensical

Shit happens. Misunderstandings happen. Even with how brilliantly ran we are, not everything is done perfectly.

No idea what - if anything - happened. Just suggesting possibly reasons why the change of number may matter other than just money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.