It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should probably take the briefing to Jack Gaughan at face value and that the likelihood is we are done in the transfer market this summer.

I hope we aren't but it's likely we are.

No. Look back at our transfer dealings over the past 7 years or so. We very rarely get involved in deals for players where other clubs are in the running, yet we invariably end up paying top price.
We've made some great signings, but quite a few poor ones too.

Compared to many other 'elite clubs, we're virtually non-runners when it comes to signing or even chasing big names. The Kane saga makes us look like we don't know how to get a transfer over the line.

Let's face it... Before going for Harry Kane, we hadn't even dipped our toes in the 'marquee market' since the days of Garry Cook.

I think rank amateurs is a pretty fair assessment of Txiki and Co's performance in the 'big boy' transfer market.
I disagree. We were in for Maguire, Sanchez, Van Dyke… We have a value that we put on each player and won’t spend a penny above that figure which has served us pretty well up to this point. Not paying over the odds is something to be admired and not criticised surely?

Perhaps Grealish being an exception.

Grealish is a good signing but nowhere near marquee standard.... Yet.
We paid a hugely inflated release clause to get him. No other club seems to have been in the running, presumably because they didn't think he was worth the money.
I'm glad to have him at City, but to be honest, I still think he was a strange signing when a striker was, and still is, the priority.

very likely this last two season under Pep. we need to use next transfer windows to sign up big talents, big players as it will be harder without Peps pulling power. we are attractive destination for good players but most our current players who signed under Pep without exception came partly due to working with Pep does have a great value and is something thats great to experience in a career of a football player and can be a factor in favour of City at close transfer decisions. and we certainly used that as a negotiation tool for sure. rightly so.

you wont hear Varane saying part of the decision to join United was to play under tactician Ole. he might as well just finding out who the hell is that clown.

again we will arrive at a stage next summer where "does Pep renew?" will be all across media, does he really start the season with an expiring contract, media trying to create doubt for our players. "good bye season" and things like that.

I want us to go real big in current season and we need a top striker imo to reduce risk simple as that. we might make it work with Gundogan becoming Alan Shearer but he might not. Pep wanted Kane, for a reason. that reason was so its not Torres, Sterling, Jesus who will be in crucial PL-CL situations to kill of opponents.

to miss out on Messi, Kane, possibly Lukaku too, while potentially we have been given no positive feedback from Haaland either, you have to wonder if Grealish didnt have a fee (and an incredibly high fee!) in his contract we might not get him either. Txiki unable to get players anymore apart from few under the radar guys like Torres, Jesus if there is no release clause?
Bernardo maybe too but look at him, we are about to give him away on charity...
So what you’re saying is you want City to start throwing more cash at clubs to secure the big players? I’m pretty sure there’s a very good reason why City aren’t doing that.

I think we should probably take the briefing to Jack Gaughan at face value and that the likelihood is we are done in the transfer market this summer.

I hope we aren't but it's likely we are.
Has this been posted somewhere if that’s the case I’m disappointed to say the least,we need a striker,certain games were it will be tight and maybe only get a couple of chances that need to be taken ..

Don’t like criticising City but, on this occasion, I do think this has been fuck up.

Job number 1 get a striker and they’ve known it from the day Aguero was let go.

We put all our eggs in the Kane basket just as we did a year ago with Messi. I don’t believe Pep’s happy with plan B…no striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.