Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
This argument is always a struggle for me… you saying that a 36yo Ronaldo does more for us commercially than say a Foden or a KDB. I just don’t buy into it.

I’m not against the signing, as he’s going to score goals. I just don’t buy that he’s a bigger pull than Grealish or Foden or KDB, on a marketing side of things (…Peak Ronaldo is a different thing).
Ronaldo has the most followers of any person on the planet on instagram with 333million (that's like 5% of the planets population follow him on one social media platform, its insane). Grealish has 3.8m & KdB 15m for reference.

If you don't understand the pull Ronaldo and Messi have then you're not looking very closely.

If we get this deal done, I can’t wait to come on here in 8 weeks time and see what the opinion of everybody is then.

He is perfect for what we need right now. In all aspects of the game.

So how does someone who scored 1 free kick in every 10 going to benefit the team?

This argument is always a struggle for me… you saying that a 36yo Ronaldo does more for us commercially than say a Foden or a KDB. I just don’t buy into it.

I’m not against the signing, as he’s going to score goals. I just don’t buy that he’s a bigger pull than Grealish or Foden or KDB, on a marketing side of things (…Peak Ronaldo is a different thing).
He's a megastar with a distinctive brand, massive endorsement deals, a highlight reel of meaningful moments in huge games, maybe the most famous peer-to-peer rivalry in the history of football and is arguably in the top 5 players of all time.

It'd be baffling if he wasn't more famous than KDB or Foden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.