Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS. Get a hold of yourself :)
Yeah but don't you think it's odd. They could get him for nothing yet they aren't thinking twice about paying close to 200m right now.

Why are we so hesitant. I can see PSG really going for Haaland and I really don't see anyone else out there of the calibre needed.

I can see us struggling once the injuries start creeping in as they always do to our attacking force

Losing?

Or rejecting for reasons only the club can tell us
I don't think we aggressively persued any of them. Look at Madrid. First offer for mbappe 160M..second 180.. our first offer for kane 75M+25 (add-ons) .. we managed to mis-handled the transfer by only talking with Kane's incompetent agent. psg were aggressively pursuing messi from last season and now haaland.

I know it won’t happen.. but move on bernardo and gabby jesus and anyone else necessary and just sign this lad… problem solved.

Yeah but what else are we gonna talk about. Don't wanna talk about Mendy, that's depressing as fuck
Well I’d quite like some random unknowns name to be thrown into the mix, maybe someone who is good on FIFA or football manager or scores a lot of runs in the fantasy bedwetters league. We could debate the relative, metaphorical and possibly actual merits of signing such a nobody

psg were aggressively pursuing messi from last season and now haaland.
Now Haaland? The latest report said there are no negotiations from PSG for Haaland.

I would have loved for him to have chosen City for his next club, given his connections to the club but it's clear he doesn't have any loyalties or preferences with any club(not even Real). He wants the absolute highest wage he can get, whoever pays that and the fee Dortmund want, will get him.

Even if we did get him and mess our wage structure up in the process, his agent will be trying to get him a move before his contract runs out, so they can both make more money from it. So we'll be back to square one in 2 or three seasons(probably make a loss on selling him somehow, since clubs seem to be colluding when City need to sell assets). I think Real are the type of club that will buy him and keep him, by bumping his wage up to what he wants because they know they are untouchable from UEFA.

As good as he is, too much about that transfer would be un-City-like, he will end up at either Real or PSG, depending on what happens with Mbappé. Real couldn't possibly be planning on signing both, could they? I get the feeling he would probably prefer to stay in Germany but I can't see Bayern paying him those wages.

Last edited:
Now Haaland? The latest report said there are no negotiations from PSG for Haaland.

I would have loved for him to have chosen City for his next club, given his connections to the club but it's clear he doesn't have any loyalties or preferences with any club(not even Real). He wants the absolute highest wage he can get, whoever pays that and the fee Dortmund want, will get him.

Even if we did get him and mess our wage structure up in the process, his agent will be trying to get him a move before his contract runs out, so they can both make more money from it. So we'll be back to square one in 2 or three seasons(probably make a loss on selling him somehow, since clubs seem to be colluding when City need to sell assets). I think Real are the type of club that will buy him and keep him, by bumping his wage up to what he wants because they know they are untouchable from UEFA.

As good as he is, too much about that transfer would be un-City-like, he will end up at either Real or PSG, depending on what happens with Mbappé. Real couldn't possibly be planning on signing both, could they? I get the feeling he would probably prefer to stay in Germany but I can't see Bayern paying him those wages.
Do we ever not make a loss on players ?

Do we ever not make a loss on players ?
Exactly, if we make any profit at all, it's never anything to write home about. I was just saying, you'd expect him to be worth more(than we bought him for) if we had to sell in 3 seasons time because he was agitating for a move with his demands/not signing an extension and that agent of his not shutting up. I can just see it panning out like that. If we are lucky, Delap will have stuck around and turned into a world class striker by then, I suppose. We'd have to hope so, because City probably wont have the lure of Pep by then either, if we have to buy.

I'd rather City buy a striker that will commit long term with City myself. Haaland doesn't seem to fit that mould, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Made a profit on everyone other than Otamendi in the past 4 years.
We do make losses though. We never really get market value and we never expect much. We always joke about not being able to shift players because of their high wages.

I'm saying I don't care about mino or Haaland fucking off I'm 3 years. It's the gamble to take when you buy any player

Was yaya worth it, was tevez worth it or anelka ? Fuck yeah they were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.