It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
we cannot live on the past achievements no matter how recent they are. Looking backwards means we are not progressing.

Pep himself keeps saying this. It is what it takes to be top at anything. Next day, start again.

View attachment 25253
Whenever I see us have a set back I become philosophical. Above is the last page of the transfer thread. We have come such a long way, peeps should appreciate the players we have, not the ones we don't (or could have been).

There will be highs and lows forever, that's why we watch the fecking game.

Our squad is the world's best, and if necessity is the mother of invention I truly hope we invent Liam Delap as our new clinical finisher.

Cheer up all, massage your bruised ego's and let's look to the season with a swagger and a "fuck you" in our mouths :D

The phrases "at all costs", "just get it done" and "at any price" are overused in my opinion. City's a very wealthy club, but what makes us a well-run club is the fact that outgoings need to represent value for money. That includes - it particularly includes - multi-million pound transfers.

Our ceiling on what we are willing to pay for Kane, Ronaldo, Sanchez, Koulibaly etc. is a sign that we have an overall transfer strategy, and we are disciplined in sticking to it. That's a better indicator of the long term health of the club than just splurging money at targets.

Look at those four names above: are we still unhappy we didn't get Sanchez or Koulibaly now? No, we got other people in for less who have played exceptionally well. I don't see why that won't apply to Kane and Ronaldo in the future. It may even apply to Haaland - we shall have to see.

As fans we have a different relationship to our clubs' money and status than the club management, and that's fine. But we need to keep perspective that if we want our club to be well-run, it needs to stick to some principles. And City fans should know from bitter experience the consequences of not being a well-run club.
two bullets dodged honestly, but city was well prepared then, dias instead of koulibaly, ended up with the better player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.