Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

I don't care if you went or you didn't go...if you support City you will do for me!!!
Brush them all off, the tormentors, just remember that you support the best team in the land in all the world.!!!!

p.s. I used to go to almost every game home and away but my health won't allow it nowadays. Will that do as an excuse? I do want to see my great grandchildren grow up for as long as I can! :-)

A strong statement that and to be honest a worrying one.

On another note watching the match on City+ Pep seemed in a odd mood all game. His rant at marhez etc.
I really think Pep's behaviour has been odd for some time. I thought his sobbing about Sergio leaving and the 2am phone call to Noel Gallagher singing and smoking a cigar seemed very out of character. Some of his press conferences last season were bizarre (even by his standards). I also think his mood swings before the CL Final must have got to the players.
I rate Pep as the greatest Manager we have ever had (or ever will have) but it doesn't mean he is above criticism. City have had a hostile media and a PR problem for a decade. Contrary to those who say it doesn't matter I believe the reputation of the club is critical to us attracting wider support and the constant negative coverage has damaged us. It's about time the club as a whole got a grip on its communications strategy. That includes customer services, our website, our social media, and what Pep says to the media. I would also like to hear a lot more from Khaldoon (who is a class act in the media when he does talk).

As i left my house with my Son there was an almighty bang and a flood of water down the stairs ,my Boiler had exploded .So that was the end of that 2 tickets going to waste and a £1500 for a new boiler .Well thats my excuse

Strange thread, I went to the match but everyone has to make their own choice, not sure we need an investigation about the reasons. If the club are arsed one way or another they can send out one of their famous surveys!

I don't know what your recollection is but he said that his next team would be a national team and that after 7 years with City he'd definitely need a break.

This got twisted into "i'm leaving in 2023". What he meant was that he'd be at City for at least 7 years because that's how long he's contracted to, something that plenty of users pointed out on the day and that he's clarified 100x in the 3 weeks since.

Unfortunately some of our fans would rather believe what the media twist his words into than what he actually says.

None of us can truly say what he meant at the time, because a fall out ensued, similarly to his comments this week.

He certainly told us what he meant 24 hours after his comments were quoted verbatim, which dampened a fire.

No doubt, he will also clarify his comments on Wednesday later today, as his comments have necessitated it.

Things will always be lost in translation, but it must not be the case that Pep is seen as infallible, and someone of his intelligence knows his words carry a lot of weight.

Don't think it's all to do with costs, it cost £14 to watch Altrincham, more to do with difficulty to actually buy a ticket ! City have introduced the e ticketing this season and you only have to look at the issues folk have posted on here, it's such a cock up that it's almost like the club don't won't you to buy tickets, also hardly a great draw to watch Leipzig in the middle of three consecutive home games !

I am sure I watched City at Filbert Street on Saturday -;)

Reactions: OB1
Don't think it's all to do with costs, it cost £14 to watch Altrincham, more to do with difficulty to actually buy a ticket ! City have introduced the e ticketing this season and you only have to look at the issues folk have posted on here, it's such a cock up that it's almost like the club don't won't you to buy tickets, also hardly a great draw to watch Leipzig in the middle of three consecutive home games !
Agree mate. I was pointing it out to the OP who said he only attends if it’s competitively priced

I totally agree and appreciate that there are many other reasons why somebody wouldn’t attend

Good post. Everyone connected to the club shouldn’t have said owt to it. Kevin Parker talking about the challenges and problems folk face going on to say “He's absolutely the best coach in the world but, in the nicest possible way, I think maybe he should stick to that” however well intended by Kevin becomes a headline of “City fans tell Pep to stick to coaching” on Sky sports.

The media will twist it whichever way they want. But if we say nowt they can’t

Kevin effing Parker does not speak for me and never has done. I cringe whenever he pipes up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.