Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's the point. The media twist things to suit themselves, which I've had personal experience of. So you learn to be more savvy and say nothing that could potentially be misinterpreted or, better still, twist the conversation round to your own agenda.

Both Pep & Kevin fell into that trap of not thinking about how their words would be interpreted and then instead of keeping quiet, Pep added more fuel to the fire. I suspect, in hindsight, both wish they'd handled it differently.

I've had personal experience of a manager (that twat Pearce) having a go at me personally, which upset my son considerably. He did it on Radio Manchester, before a game, when I was fronting up the Supporters Trust. He said that John Wardle had put £20m into the club and that i should either put up or shut up. So I had a go back.

I rang up and said that we fans, through tickets and merchandise, plus our Sky subscriptions, put in at least £20m every single season. He never opened his mouth again as Paul Tyrrell realised it was an argument he was never going to win and presumably (and sensibly) told Pearce to keep his mouth shut. I wish our PR team had done the same to Pep after the initial exchange.

In fact, I wish Tyrrell was our Neil Ashton. I had some run ins with him but, fuck me, did he defend the club when necessary.

@ Prestwich Blue - I suspect that the many of our supporters despair of the club's lack of a PR department which defends the club against the constant attacks and criticisms.

The " war of words " this week with both Pep and Kevin getting involved was something which the club could have done without, but with a PR dept who showed any integrity could probably have defused to a degree.

Whilst the snipes from rag/dipper or any other set of supporters is of no concern to me personally, the fact that our PR is so piss poor at representing the club does upset me.

The fact that it continues after so long suggests that nothing is ever going to change on this front.

@ Prestwich Blue - I suspect that the many of our supporters despair of the club's lack of a PR department which defends the club against the constant attacks and criticisms.

The " war of words " this week with both Pep and Kevin getting involved was something which the club could have done without, but with a PR dept who showed any integrity could probably have defused to a degree.

Whilst the snipes from rag/dipper or any other set of supporters is of no concern to me personally, the fact that our PR is so piss poor at representing the club does upset me.

The fact that it continues after so long suggests that nothing is ever going to change on this front.
The Talkshite Twitter post has seemingly disappeared so someone has obviously had a strong word. It's very easy to slag off the Media team, in the same way it's easy to jump down Kevin Parker's throat.

There's a fine line to tread and I understand that, having had a number of conversations with people like Vicky Kloss and Simon Heggie over the years. They're acting on orders from the owner and his representatives, and I suspect people like Simon Pearce are mindful of the reaction of the media and the impact on Abu Dhabi (which isn't known for its liberal press regimne) if we started banning everyone who said something we didn't like. And that wouldn't stop them writing whatever they wanted anyway. Ferguson didn't have that problem and anyway, he largely ruled in a time when the media needed club managements to be onside and therefore were more wary of upsetting them.

Although I''ve defended our media team more than most, there are times even I've thought "Why the hell have you not taken firmer action?". Rob Harris, Delaney and Ian Herbert should all have been told they were persona non grata, at least temporarily, after stuff they've said or written. It's not like we've not done this before with Roan and one of two others. I never really understood the Roan ban, which seemed to be for something relatively trivial in his interview with Vieira.

What Sky did with Sterling and the gun tattoo (whicn they deliberately added a word he hadn't said to make it look more damaging) was far, far worse in my view.

Totally unprofessional by Ohara.
Hopefully the club ensures he never steps foot in our stadium again.
Not a fucking chance our club will do anything about it

A few years ago Sterling posted a pic on twitter of him and Delph flying to a European game with the plane and snake imoji, a few weeks later Delph did his ACL and Collymore, who at that time was talksport's main man, put on twitter a snake snapped in half, taking the piss out of Delph's injury
I was fucking livid because Collymore was an ex pro, who during his career had been injured and also because Collymore had suffered with mental illness, so a pro suffering a major, potentially career ending injury is not something that any former pro, especially one with the issues Collymore had suffered should have been using as "bantz" for likes
It was in such bad taste that Collymore deleted the tweet
I mailed Vicky Kloss with my thoughts and expectation that Collymore should be banned
She replied with "I'll speak to him"

Last edited:
The Talkshite Twitter post has seemingly disappeared so someone has obviously had a strong word. It's very easy to slag off the Media team, in the same way it's easy to jump down Kevin Parker's throat.

There's a fine line to tread and I understand that, having had a number of conversations with people like Vicky Kloss and Simon Heggie over the years. They're acting on orders from the owner and his representatives, and I suspect people like Simon Pearce are mindful of the reaction of the media and the impact on Abu Dhabi (which isn't known for its liberal press regimne) if we started banning everyone who said something we didn't like. And that wouldn't stop them writing whatever they wanted anyway. Ferguson didn't have that problem and anyway, he largely ruled in a time when the media needed club managements to be onside and therefore were more wary of upsetting them.

Although I''ve defended our media team more than most, there are times even I've thought "Why the hell have you not taken firmer action?". Rob Harris, Delaney and Ian Herbert should all have been told they were persona non grata, at least temporarily, after stuff they've said or written. It's not like we've not done this before with Roan and one of two others. I never really understood the Roan ban, which seemed to be for something relatively trivial in his interview with Vieira.

What Sky did with Sterling and the gun tattoo (whicn they deliberately added a word he hadn't said to make it look more damaging) was far, far worse in my view.
it seems that is no red line that the media dare not cross, why is this?

What a sad sad **** this no entity of a footballer is

Talkshite at it's lowest

This fick as fuck knobhead who left school with no qualifications which he seems to be proud of and if he couldn't kick a ball about a bit would have been unemployable..

His career highlight was a league cup medal which if you Google it he shouldn't have been awarded one as he wasn't included in the match day squad for the final.

He never got out of his fkin suit on the day but apparently gobs off to all and sundry that he's a winner..

His career spanned Arsenal Academy then onto Spurs, Chesterfield, Millwall, Portsmouth, Wolves, Blackpool, Fulham, Gillingham and Billericay Town.

This twat has never played in front of a home crowd the size of which we pull in every PL home game when turning out for all of the clubs he's played for though out his journeyman career..

Needs filing under just another fick as fuck cockney wannerbee..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.