Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s already started.

Cross in the Star.

45029-A72-8260-49-E7-BEE5-832-BA1-C98-A6-B.jpg
When was the last time Cross paid for a ticket to watch a game ,my guess he never has , he will get expenses , taxis, fed and watered for zilch , i am going tomorrow and after ticket/fuel/parking/ food i will do easy £60 in , whils Cross willbe sat on his fat backside behind his comfy desk thinking how to take the piss out of working class , local supporters watching their third game in a week.
Like all media they pander to the red 'istree clubs and anything negative about us will attract clicks , wouldnt piss on Cross and his ilk if they were on fire , f*cking vermin.

Digging out a largely working class fan base for not attending their third home game in a week en masse, in the context of burgeoning energy costs, a reduction in Universal Credit and tax rises imminent, is appalling. Fuck Jeremy Cross, The Star and The Express.
And with respect, it’s Wycombe.

Digging out a largely working class fan base for not attending their third home game in a week en masse, in the context of burgeoning energy costs, a reduction in Universal Credit and tax rises imminent, is appalling. Fuck Jeremy Cross, The Star and The Express.

His match verdict column at the weekend was truly appalling if not seen?

Had clearly written it before the game and didn't want to change it after the attendance was announced.

Every other reporter mentioned how the match was a near sell-out, except this pockmarked prick, who built his entire piece on us being a couple hundred seats short of capacity.

It’s already started.

Cross in the Star.

45029-A72-8260-49-E7-BEE5-832-BA1-C98-A6-B.jpg

We know what this all about! They know how much traction headline like this gets click=£ the low of the lowest calling out us fan for not going to a third home game on the trot seems they think we all got a bottom less pit of money..

Oh a league game for Barcelona had 27k capacity because of Covid is 40k look am not bothered but one the biggest teams in the world and fans can’t be arsed no one will say out as well rightly so..

The press said Pep started it and you've swallowed it.
We’ve had less than the reported 38k for CL games group stages in previous years and no one has batted an eyelid.
Pep made that comment and brought unwarranted attention the club and in particular the fans. It’s all the ammunition the media needed to lay in.

It’s obviously not that simplistic. Ban a journalist from the ground for something like that, and we’d have a far bigger shitstorm in the press about Abu Dhabi censorship and suppression of free speech.
Invite him to an alley way and beat the shit out of him?

It’s obviously not that simplistic. Ban a journalist from the ground for something like that, and we’d have a far bigger shitstorm in the press about Abu Dhabi censorship and suppression of free speech.

That is possibly true Ric, but I think this is an open goal as its so wrong, in the current climate, with Coronavirus, inflation, back of furlough etc, I think we would receive a sympathetic ear.

The club in this instance would be sticking up for the fanbase, but also laying down a marker for the press. If nothing else it might galvanise the club a little, rather than continue with what feels like two separate entities, the club and the fanbase.

The press/media are never going to stop this shit about our fans attendance.
For some reason any empty seats at the Etihad seem to show up on TV more than other clubs.
I personally dont think we are any different the most other sets of fans for attendance or atmosphere.
I saw a few dipper games a few seasons ago Anfield was like a library when liverpool lost possession, same at the swamp.
I dont think we will ever win the argument about seats, its written by people who get all the freebies from the club and are paid by their employers to attend.
Unlike us fans who dont have this luxury for most of us to attend it means less money in the pot for our families.
Am I travelling up for tonight's match ? No, did a 100 quid on Saturday cant afford or have the time for 2 days of work.

Perhaps we need to find away of turning it into a joke like in the 90's !

Things is with attendance it's the TV companys that have fucked us fans around. I buy a ticket in good faith for Saturday 3pm KO. Than the TV companys moved it, some times it means I cant go or if moved to sunday means only 3chrs sleep before work. If move to a Monday it means 2 days of work !.
There are loads of reasons people cant attend and for people who get all the perks when attending the match to criticise hard work families is disgraceful.

Give me a ground with 75 percent Manchester based/lived there once fans than a full one with 60 percent tourists. I have 350 mile trips to get there. Make a weekend of it and sofuck all out of 200 most games. Thank fook i don't drive an electric car as i would never make it there in back when i return on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.