Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL - Tue 28 Sep 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only Tuesday.

We put an absolutely massive shift in on Saturday

Risk of Injuries/mental fatigue playing another huge away game tonight isn’t worth it for

Gundo is already out if we lost KDB or Bernardo for Anfield we’d really struggle

Torres, Sterling, Mahrez and Ferna need to play anyway

I suppose tonight counts as one of the more important group stage games but I wonder if we could extend our cup game keeper policy to get Steffen some more games in the CL this season. Of all our reserve keepers down the years I think this lad is probably the most likely to make it into the first team one day

I'd rest Bernardo for this, his legs will be needed for Liverpool. I can see Mahrez and Sterling coming in to the side. Kev and Foden still need minutes so I'd play them.
Grealish should rest but he's probably begged pep to let him play this game

Not if one of them is Dinho because he’s great, I love all he’s done and all he is but, at his age, he’s not a fast as he once was and he doesn’t always have it in his legs to start a game and play at high intensity for 95mins.
If we’d have played him against Chelsea instead of Rodri then IMO our press wouldn’t have performed as well.
I think he’s perfect for games against sides who defend deep against us or as an extra DM, to bring on against tired legs, to close out a game where we’re winning - but at this juncture he’s not the man for an end to end game where the opposition will come at us fast and in waves.
I disagree in part. Yes he is older and slower. But , No! Our press is not dependent on the speed of the DM. It's dependent on the intensity of the front 5.

Whether an opponent can come at us fast and in waves is often dependent on how effective our press is. If it's effective, then we are good. Regardless of who plays DM.

I’m prepared to accept 11 changes, get the lads missing out some minutes & more CL experience, playing Steffen is a great shout also, but expect something like 6/7 changes
Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Foden
Sterling
Mahrez
Torres

I'd rest Bernardo for this, his legs will be needed for Liverpool. I can see Mahrez and Sterling coming in to the side. Kev and Foden still need minutes so I'd play them.
Grealish should rest but he's probably begged pep to let him play this game
Mahrez Torres and Sterling all have to start for me. Kev for getting rhythm and maybe Foden as well, Ferna for Rodri, and Aké or Wilson-Esbrand for Cancelo. Keeps the key players fresh and avoids any more injury scares.

I’m prepared to accept 11 changes, get the lads missing out some minutes & more CL experience, playing Steffen is a great shout also, but expect something like 6/7 changes
Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Foden
Sterling
Mahrez
Torres
Zinchenko is injured mate.

I'd expect a team very similar to Saturday, although I've got a sneaky feeling he might squeeze Sterling in somewhere.
I think Sterling will come in for Grealish.

Hakimi and Messi are on that side and Sterling will get back and help out Cancelo more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.