Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to Newcastle fans today, they still don't get it. Still think us and now their owner can spend a much of their own money they like. Still don't get that the FFP they voted for will stop them getting into the self sustaining position we rae in, still don't get attracting players to a relegation threatened team in the North East won't be easy.
They also don’t get that City are self sustaining

If I was advising Newcastle I'd say ...
1. Pick your players and staff very carefully. You don't want to be progressing and then suddenly a player is brought up for some stupid or disgusting shit.
2. Make sure that your security is top notch. You don't want email getting out that'll cause any legal or ethical issues.
3. Treat the press like shit from the start. They'll hate you anyway so don't give them an inch.
4. Get an excellent Director of Football with a vision on how to create a sustainable successful style of play for the next 20 years.
5. Get the best manager and staff you can for the long term that fits the Director of Football's vision. Someone who is not in a rush to win everything immediately (That's why I'd go with Potter).
- Do not get a manager, a coach, a player, a scout, a tea lady who bleeds United or Liverpool. They are a cancer to keep out of your club (Fuck Gerrard)
6. Employ great financial people to run the club efficiently but make exceptions to pay whatever Mega-Super-Duper-Agents want to begin with. You can follow a more sustainable model later once you are nearer the top.
7. Add 2 of the best players you can afford that fit your style per window. At the start you'll progress slowly but over 3 or 4 years you should have got a pretty decent squad. Just don't go for half a team to begin with because many of them will be substandard pretty quickly.
8. Build up the scouting, academy and facilities strategies for the long term. Spend big here to make them top top class.
9. Employ some genuinely funny people with good nature within the club because everything outside will be septic. You need there to be a buzz inside the circle for people's mental health but also for a good siege mentality.
10. Employ top top media people to portray whatever you want because everything is an illusion. If you package it up nicely it'll be gobbled up and if not you don't give a shit anyway because you are inside the bubble.

Nah - we should be happy for them - let's leave to the likes of the scum and the redscouse to be bitter
Not being happy for them isn't being bitter. Its not being happy that a supporter base who have given us loads of shit over the last decade are now suddenly expecting us to be all giddy for them because they might challenge utd and Liverpool in the next 5 years. Fuck them and their two bit fanbase who just like Liverpool and utd have this self inflated over importance about how big a club they are.

I hope they get relagated.

Based on nothing but my own feelings, just got this feeling that this Newcastle takeover isn't going to go quite as well as many seem to think.
Just feel that talk about top 4 in a few years and then winning the title a few years later are wildly optimistic.
Maybe it's just me
Yeah think it is just you.

I think realistically City, chelsea and united are so far ahead of newcastle that in 3 years they have zero chance of catching those 3 as all will continue to invest heavily. Liverpool for me are the weak ones. Not particularly now, but Firmino, Mane and Salah are all coming to the back ends of their careers and they are totally fucked once they go and undoubtedly klopp moves on for a new challenge. They show little appetite to keep investing in their squad and from a Newcastle perspective that's the weak link in the top 4.
Newcastle will have to spend 100’s of millions to catch up with Spurs Arsenal Leicester then hundreds more millions to catch United then 100 more millions to catch Liverpool Chelsea and City

I wonder which players they might target as possible stepping stones, from us and from our domestic rivals. They might test a lot of clubs resolve. Maybe some older experienced players to help them get going
Stones, Sterling
Salah, Kane, Henderson, Lindelof, Lingard, Milner, Mata
Bale
Older experienced players like those, except Lingard won't go to a club that are unlikely to get C/L football in the next 3 years at least. We were much closer and attracting good players from non c/l clubs like Villa Everton, even Silva. Toure was probably the exception to that. Milner and Mata are too old to get them where they will want to get to.

Newcastle will have to spend 100’s of millions to catch up with Spurs Arsenal Leicester then hundreds more millions to catch United then 100 more millions to catch Liverpool Chelsea and City
Damn right. They are a decade i think from realistically being a top side. Their club needs transforming from top to bottom. Even compared to where we were in 2008, they are a long way off playing staff wise.

Oh the fume if they were to nick Salah - it would be just fucking amazing

I would been logged in to RAWK for a month just wallowing in their indignation
There's over 400 pages of indignation and virtue signalling on the Newcastle takeover regarding human rights issues , sportwashing etc on RAWK already , add that to the nearly 500 pages of much the same about us , that's 900 pages of sanctimonious drivel from those scouse bastions of morality.. However try and find a page critical of their own clubs connections with Standard Chartered , the Iranians money laundering bank of choice , and nothing , zero , nilch, nada , it's almost like it's been (sports)washed from their collective memories , either that or they're massive hypocrites ..Either way , while ever they're taking money from Standard Chartered , they're in no place to take the moral high ground over anyone..

Pretty sure he already is set up for life he isn’t exactly playing for free at Liverpool. No chance salah goes there imo. He has mentioned before he would like to play in Spain so hopefully he Fucks off there soon

You're probably right, but there's set up and there's set up. A world of non executive positions, public face of you name it, ambassador of this, that and the other, would all be showered on him after he hung up his boots.

We're talking oceans of cash for the rest of his life if he rocked up at Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.