#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Pep we are talking about here, i thought he was mad when he put Zinny on LB position too but look how it turn out now. I'm just saying there's posibility he can be decent in here, if Pep thinks he can do it.
I'm sure Laporte could do a half decent job as a target man, but barring any emergency that should and most likely will never happen.

Zinchenko and Foden are wildly different. When Zinchenko got his chance at LB he was a fringe player who had not even played for the club before and probably wasn't expecting to. Foden is a regular starter and arguably our best player.

Modern football is played on a carpet, proper tackling isn’t allowed and players are looked after far better than they were.
It's progress. Not necessarily a bad thing for the business as long as it entertains the masses.
It doesn't mean football is better or that players are better than the past.

Three things I am 100% sure of though...

Prime Paul Gascoigne would dominate any midfield in the current PL.

Prime George Best would win the Ballon d'or by a landslide.

I'd still pay good money to go to watch Frank Worthington in his prime.
Paul Gascoigne was prob the best English player I saw play football live.
I remember going to The City ground notts to watch England u21 v s Scotland u21s,..mainly because 4 or 5 City players were in the squad.
Also Paul Gascoigne...he did not disappoint.whilst I cannot remember anything that our lads did, I do recall Gazza receiving a high ball in central midfield,he immediately drew the attention of 4 opponents all seeking to pick up the loose ball...
There was no loose ball..
Gascoigne simply stuck his chest out and ran past the lot of them with the ball seemingly glued to his chest.It was absolutely incredible to watch.
Briliant player,who incidently,turned up for his team home and away...in those days there were any number of players who could turn it on in front of their own fans,but shrunk away from home in a hostile atmosphere. Intimidated,or not up for it today sort of thing.

That's why I think even some City fans should look at what Bernardo Silva is doing week in week out for us ,and start shouting his name ,as quite possibly the best player in the world right now.
You don't have to score a stack of goals to be the best player.

That's why Tony Book(right full back) and Dave McKay ( scottish centre back) were joint Player of the Season winners in 1969 or 70.
Two committed strong men,professional,hard,.and ....consistent.week in week out.
It's not just about goals.

complete disagree. if you play him on the wing you lose his playmaking if you play him on the midfield you lose his attacking threat but as a false 9 you can have the best of both worlds. the reason he was ineffective as false 9 at chelsea is because he didn't play well as he should have. Foden is still learning the false 9 position, there was no inherent flaw in the system, he just need to learn more and play at a higher level against top teams.
Interesting argument there.

Brilliant player. Hate to see him on the end of so many hard tackles from CB's but comes with the job up top, I suppose.
I still haven't forgotten the dreadful challenge by Harry maguire at Leicester in the cup a few years back.put our Phil out 3 months.
HM got away with that one,he knew what he was doing....

A poster during the summer (can't remember who) said they heard on good authority that Pep wasn't even that peeved about missing out on a striker, as he has earmarked Foden for the false 9 role. The poster said their source mentioned that Pep feels Phil has potential to score a bucket load.

A poster during the summer (can't remember who) said they heard on good authority that Pep wasn't even that peeved about missing out on a striker, as he has earmarked Foden for the false 9 role. The poster said their source mentioned that Pep feels Phil has potential to score a bucket load.
Rascal was the poster I believe.

Phil isn't a striker he isn't clinical enough . To me it should be clear by now that his best position is as a no 8 or central midfielder . His passing range is insane . I never knew he had it in his locker .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.