Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he signed for a domestic rival he could be a thorn in our side for a decade, whereas if he'd signed for us he'd further separate us from the chasing pack and cement the side for the foreseeable future.

I strongly believe we'd go on to regret it. This'd be Van Persie+Hazard x1000.
I wouldn't put that much influence on him not being signed. Yes, we lost out to Hazard and Van Persie, but it didn't derail us too much.
We still had our time in the sun, in fact more of it than either utd or Chelsea have had with those 2 players.
There is always another big fish swimming around the lake.
Although, if we don't at least try to get him, then that will be a big disappointment.

United and Chelsea with van Persie and Hazard: 3 PL titles combined.
City: 4 PL titles in the same time without either.

We’d probably have won 6 or 7 though with either of them. Definitely at least one more instead of the rag bastards.

Haaland would make us unstoppable. It would be beyond shit if he went to rags.

We’d probably have won 6 or 7 though with either of them. Definitely at least one more instead of the rag bastards.

He won’t go to Utd his tie there is Ole and his infamous wheel
He will have been sacked by then
There is no doubt we will try or we will already have enquired
However it totally Haalands decision he will have the choice of almost any club in the world

If you think the Sanchez comparison is an accurate one then I can't help you.
It's accurate, especially when you used van Persie as an example.

Hazard coming here would've taken us miles away from the competition, as would've Van Persie.
Delusional. van Persie only had 1 good season left in him and Hazard, although he was world class, was inconsistent and less domestically successful than City in the same period.

As it was Van Persie was the only reason we didn't retain our title in 2013 and Hazard helped Chelsea to a couple of titles at our expense too.
We'd have been much better had we been banned from Europe for breaking FFP, would we?
Who is to say we would have won the 2 titles in which Chelsea won it? (FYI we didn't come second)
What happened in 2016? What superstar did Leicester sign to beat out Hazard's Chelsea to the title?

Haaland is the hottest prospect in football at the moment, and is only 21 years old. Players like him don't come around very often. He's literally perfect for us, and if you think him going to a rival wouldn't be a huge blow you're deluding yourself.
You aren't reading anything I wrote. Yes, it would be a blow - just as Salah, van Dijk and Alisson joining Liverpool; Ronaldo, Fernandes and Varane joining United; or Lukaku, Thiago Silva and Kanté joining Chelsea were.

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE GREAT PLAYERS THAT SIGN FOR OUR RIVALS. Get the fuck over it.

I am not the one who is delusional for thinking one player doesn't make a team. Haaland is the hottest prospect in football at the moment but he wasn't 2 years ago and won't be in 2 years time. I would love us to sign Haaland but you, and many others, need to realise he isn't the be all and end all.

Maybe. van Persie would have, at most, won us one more.

I don't think there is any such thing as unstoppable in football, at least not for any prolonged period.

BTW I am not arguing that we shouldn't sign Haaland. If we can we should.
My point is just that if we don't, we can still be the best team.

Timo Werner and Jason Sancho haven’t exactly been banging them in have they?
& KDB definitely hasn’t performed as well in the Prem as he did in Germany has he?

Or how about Sane? Ripped it up in the Prem yet has struggled since returning to Germany

Stupid argument mate. Some players will adapt, some wont

It's accurate, especially when you used van Persie as an example.

Delusional. van Persie only had 1 good season left in him and Hazard, although he was world class, was inconsistent and less domestically successful than City in the same period.

We'd have been much better had we been banned from Europe for breaking FFP, would we?
Who is to say we would have won the 2 titles in which Chelsea won it? (FYI we didn't come second)
What happened in 2016? What superstar did Leicester sign to beat out Hazard's Chelsea to the title?

You aren't reading anything I wrote. Yes, it would be a blow - just as Salah, van Dijk and Alisson joining Liverpool; Ronaldo, Fernandes and Varane joining United; or Lukaku, Thiago Silva and Kanté joining Chelsea were.

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE GREAT PLAYERS THAT SIGN FOR OUR RIVALS. Get the fuck over it.

I am not the one who is delusional for thinking one player doesn't make a team. Haaland is the hottest prospect in football at the moment but he wasn't 2 years ago and won't be in 2 years time. I would love us to sign Haaland but you, and many others, need to realise he isn't the be all and end all.

What a shite post. Can't even be arsed replying.

I wouldn't put that much influence on him not being signed. Yes, we lost out to Hazard and Van Persie, but it didn't derail us too much.
We still had our time in the sun, in fact more of it than either utd or Chelsea have had with those 2 players.
There is always another big fish swimming around the lake.
Although, if we don't at least try to get him, then that will be a big disappointment.

I know mate, but the point being is missing out on those players strengthened rivals with key players in times which we missed out on 3 titles as rivals. They contributed directly to that.

If you can strengthen yourselves and prevent your rivals being strengthened by signing a player, not gratuitously but where necessary, that's the best possible outcome.

Haaland will be the biggest example of that in recent years, well above and beyond what Hazard represented for Chelsea. We have to be all out for him IMO.

What a shite post. Can't even be arsed replying.
Wow. What an insightful argument. You have changed my mind now I concede the point to you.

You may as well have put TLDR. You clearly struggle with text over 20 words.

Also you just did reply, just with no content in it.
That's probably a reflection of what's between your ears.

Pure conjecture. Not a single fact in the entire piece. It certainly isn't me that needs help and definitely not from you.

Bollocks.

Van Persie is the single reason United won the title in 2013. We had a poor season but they were toilet, a garbage side, and built their entire team around Van Persie and he was the difference.

Hazard won two titles with Chelsea and was a key player for them in his whole time there. Two titles that we were battling with Chelsea for. Who knows what would've happened had we beaten them to Hazard.

You can't win them all, but I fail to see how people like yourself are deluding yourselves that there isn't a point here.

When players like Haaland become available, you sign them - or you regret it. If you don't sign them, and they go to a rival, you really regret it.

It's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.