10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Gundo is shite at playing through the pressure. every time he is pressed he decides to take the safe option or sometimes looses the ball as he his not strong enough. Jack can play through the press and dribble beyond the pressing player. Go watch the southampton match Gundo's inability to play through the press was one of the reason we had a shit match. Grealish is amazing at playing through the press.

2) Gundo never tries to make the difficult passes through the lines and creative passes. He mostly makes the forward pass when the space is obvious. Jack is better as a creative player no doubt.

3) Gundo does not have the legs to defend transitions. Jack has already shown some good tracking back during transition and winning back the ball. again if you see some of the goals we concede when Gundo plays, we get played through the transition easily.

natural talent and aptitude is not the same you seem to be confusing those. You think if you take Gundo at his younger years without any leanings from the great managers and put him in say a Villa side he would have a greater natural talent to carry and impact the side? no way lol. Gundo was never considered at the highest level of potential in Germany. he was a level below.

aptitude = talent that needs to be honed. natural talent = raw inherent talent, unadulterated skill that is unhardened and need not be honed to use. I would take Jack's natural talent over Gundo's any day of the week if I decide to teach each of them a midfield role from the beginning, he has greater potential. now weather he will realize those talents is another matter.

For all the above reasons I will take Jack above Gundo. now Gundo has other positives that he gives to the team in the midfield especially if we play false 9 and he can score goals. but if we are to move forward as a team its time to move away from someone who is getting old and focus on the future that is Jack.

If you don't agree about Jack, then I suggest you go and watch some of his matches for villa, I mean the full match and not the highlights. then you can see all his varied skills and natural talent he has.
christ , fanboy at work

1) Gundo is shite at playing through the pressure. every time he is pressed he decides to take the safe option or sometimes looses the ball as he his not strong enough. Jack can play through the press and dribble beyond the pressing player. Go watch the southampton match Gundo's inability to play through the press was one of the reason we had a shit match. Grealish is amazing at playing through the press.

2) Gundo never tries to make the difficult passes through the lines and creative passes. He mostly makes the forward pass when the space is obvious. Jack is better as a creative player no doubt.

3) Gundo does not have the legs to defend transitions. Jack has already shown some good tracking back during transition and winning back the ball. again if you see some of the goals we concede when Gundo plays, we get played through the transition easily.

natural talent and aptitude is not the same you seem to be confusing those. You think if you take Gundo at his younger years without any leanings from the great managers and put him in say a Villa side he would have a greater natural talent to carry and impact the side? no way lol. Gundo was never considered at the highest level of potential in Germany. he was a level below.

aptitude = talent that needs to be honed. natural talent = raw inherent talent, unadulterated skill that is unhardened and need not be honed to use. I would take Jack's natural talent over Gundo's any day of the week if I decide to teach each of them a midfield role from the beginning, he has greater potential. now weather he will realize those talents is another matter.

For all the above reasons I will take Jack above Gundo. now Gundo has other positives that he gives to the team in the midfield especially if we play false 9 and he can score goals. but if we are to move forward as a team its time to move away from someone who is getting old and focus on the future that is Jack.

If you don't agree about Jack, then I suggest you go and watch some of his matches for villa, I mean the full match and not the highlights. then you can see all his varied skills and natural talent he has.

I’m sorry, but that is horse shit. A big steaming pile of dung..

I’ve tried to engage you in conversation. It’s near pointless..

Grealish has never displayed any of what you’ve written, that’s not a slight on him as a player, he’s simply never ever played in the position to display such attributes.

Gundogan, was considered just about the best central midfielder in Europe, wanted by every elite club. Sadly, injuries freak though they were took some of his best years. He’s now injury free, trusted and loved. And guess what, he’s once again just about the best central midfielder about again.

Grealish looks like he has a chance at Mahrez type levels of success. Plays in an almost identical position. Holds out wide in the space, then looks at the right time to burst inside. Both are limited down the outside and both have a tendency to slow play down to suit their own game.

Gundogan currently is just about as complete a midfielder as you get. If you can’t see that, if you can’t see just how key he is to dictating how we play, how since his early BVB days he’s been one of the best transitional midfielders in Europe. Playing through the lines quickly is probably his strongest attribute.

Grealish has a long way to go, you’re offering him up for a position he’s never played and has shown next to no aptitude for.

He has however, shown that with more determination to directly influence games, he could become an exceptional wide forward.
He said himself after the Leipzig game, he fancies himself to beat any fullback. Talk like that, doesn’t seem to indicate he ever sees himself as a central midfielder.

I see why fans link Grealish’s possible trajectory to Bernardo, but to me they are very different. And so far, we’ve seen no sign that Pep or Jack see Grealish as a central player. It may change, but Bernardo and Grealish are the same age. And Bernardo has been moved in and out of positions since he first arrived.

There’s been nothing to suggest Grealish as an 8. And frankly I see it as he’s failing if people think he needs to change his position to succeed. He’s a left sided attacking forward. That’s where he’s played 95% of his senior career. That why we signed him, based on his form and career to date. He may find, we may find he’s not good enough out wide to play for us, he may never produce Sterling, Mahrez, Sane type numbers.

So we may well look at changing his position if it’s best for the squad in the future. But I don’t think we shoukd give up on him yet.

I’m sorry, but that is horse shit. A big steaming pile of dung..

I’ve tried to engage you in conversation. It’s near pointless..

Grealish has never displayed any of what you’ve written, that’s not a slight on him as a player, he’s simply never ever played in the position to display such attributes.

Gundogan, was considered just about the best central midfielder in Europe, wanted by every elite club. Sadly, injuries freak though they were took some of his best years. He’s now injury free, trusted and loved. And guess what, he’s once again just about the best central midfielder about again.

Grealish looks like he has a chance at Mahrez type levels of success. Plays in an almost identical position. Holds out wide in the space, then looks at the right time to burst inside. Both are limited down the outside and both have a tendency to slow play down to suit their own game.

Gundogan currently is just about as complete a midfielder as you get. If you can’t see that, if you can’t see just how key he is to dictating how we play, how since his early BVB days he’s been one of the best transitional midfielders in Europe. Playing through the lines quickly is probably his strongest attribute.

Grealish has a long way to go, you’re offering him up for a position he’s never played and has shown next to no aptitude for.

He has however, shown that with more determination to directly influence games, he could become an exceptional wide forward.
He said himself after the Leipzig game, he fancies himself to beat any fullback. Talk like that, doesn’t seem to indicate he ever sees himself as a central midfielder.

I see why fans link Grealish’s possible trajectory to Bernardo, but to me they are very different. And so far, we’ve seen no sign that Pep or Jack see Grealish as a central player. It may change, but Bernardo and Grealish are the same age. And Bernardo has been moved in and out of positions since he first arrived.

There’s been nothing to suggest Grealish as an 8. And frankly I see it as he’s failing if people think he needs to change his position to succeed. He’s a left sided attacking forward. That’s where he’s played 95% of his senior career. That why we signed him, based on his form and career to date. He may find, we may find he’s not good enough out wide to play for us, he may never produce Sterling, Mahrez, Sane type numbers.

So we may well look at changing his position if it’s best for the squad in the future. But I don’t think we shoukd give up on him yet.
Don't waste your time arguing with that guy. He has a hard-on for Grealish and won't listen to any opinion but his own

People comparing Grealish to Gundogan and Bernardo really need a reality check. Go look up Gundogan and Bernardo's achievements. Grealish is way behind those two. I still don't understand the hype surrounding Grealish. Yes, he was Villa's best player, but it's not like he singlehandedly led them to the UCL or EPL title. His goal and assist tally is not impressive. He got called up for his country at the age of 25 for the first time. Everyone over hyping him is doing so because he looks like David Beckham, not because of his accomplishments as a player. His greatest accomplishment so far is being the most fouled player in the league. Don't ever compare him to Bernardo or Gundogan

I don’t care about the aptitude vs talent argument, but I do have to ask…..have you ever watched Gundogan play? Your first 3 points are absolute shite mate

People comparing Grealish to Gundogan and Bernardo really need a reality check. Go look up Gundogan and Bernardo's achievements. Grealish is way behind those two. I still don't understand the hype surrounding Grealish. Yes, he was Villa's best player, but it's not like he singlehandedly led them to the UCL or EPL title. His goal and assist tally is not impressive. He got called up for his country at the age of 25 for the first time. Everyone over hyping him is doing so because he looks like David Beckham, not because of his accomplishments as a player. His greatest accomplishment so far is being the most fouled player in the league. Don't ever compare him to Bernardo or

Do you think Bernardo or Gundogan would have single handedly carried Villa to trophies?

There are a number of factors as to why it’s taken so long for Grealish to reach an elite club, some his own fault, others not. His immaturity of the pitch was obviously a deterrent, but Spurs were very interested at one point, and United delayed signing him in January 2020, prioritising Bruno Fernandes under the assumption Villa would go down so he’d still be available in the summer, by which time they’d stayed up and the asking price doubled.

Another factor is that he was a Villa fan who stayed with them through relegation and missing out on promotion initially, got them back up and played a key role in keeping them there the first season. He left them in a very good position in the Premier League, forging a legacy at his boyhood club before moving on to the next level as late as was realistically possible - Bernardo apparently loves Benfica, but back-doored it after one senior game for a smaller mercenary club. If we hadn’t been taken over, and Foden came through the academy and gave us the first 7 years of his career despite obviously belonging at a higher level, he’d rigbe deified, so ridiculing Grealish’s career trajectory when loyalty to his club was a key factor in it is a bit silly.

He’s here now, is acclimatising to the shackles of a system that established geniuses like Ribery and Fabregas also detested, and has still created a good number of chances, especially when going rogue and drifting inside. Hopefully it all comes together for him here soon and people realise how special a player he really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.