Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I think it’s about 25 miles from Cologne to Dusseldorf but I take your point. I might be wrong though.

Also worth remembering that German trains are relatively new, modern and clean - in the UK most new trains are delivered to the South East and we see 30 year old former Thameslink trains - classed as life expired in the SE reallocated to the North West. Hell ! the government has even been trying to reallocate former underground trains (D Stock) to anyone outside the SE.

Tram - Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Airport / One hour one minute / £4.60
Train - Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Airport / 16 minutes / £3.50.

You can get to Liverpool in half the time from Victoria.

I've said it so many times it's just a vanity project. For moving people around the city and suburbs it's expensive and rubbish.

they want to increase the route to stockport from east dids.

Pointless.

I think it’s about 25 miles from Cologne to Dusseldorf but I take your point. I might be wrong though.
Sorry meant Cologne to Dortmund which is 62 miles and does only take 21 minutes. The time is from the German timetable. The trains there can achieve almost 200 mph. Everywhere in Europe seems to have high-speed rail even poorer regions of Eastern Europe.

Manchester needs an underground. Burnham muted it a one point but doubt it will ever happen

Most major Cities in Europe and the US have underground systems… Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds and Bristol should have underground systems…. The likes of Lyon, Cologne and Bilbao do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.