Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine any of those figures have any connection to reality. A low vaccination level, minimal testing (3220 cases) & hardly any deaths is a huge under-representation of the actual situation.

Quite what that implies for the UK beats me.
Only reporting the figures as presented. South Africa reported only 890 new cases last Saturday.

Only reporting the figures as presented. South Africa reported only 890 new cases last Saturday.
It wasn't a criticism of you but those figures mean nothing.

It's like Ukraine and Russia. Cases less than the UK, official deaths far higher (Ukraine around 700-800, Russia over a 1000 daily) but they are far lower than the actual numbers. Russian excess deaths were way over 400k months ago, for instance.

Other than Western European countries, the US & certain Asia Pacific countries you can discount most other statistics.

Like I said common decency I always wonder why wankers need to try and defend their actions. Why not just say hey I'm a wanker so I don't give a fuck. Its like a little part of them know what they are but can't change so they have to delude themselves.

is that a scientific response ?

doesn’t bother me wearing a mask but if we are going to wear one let’s all wear medical masks eh ?

and Whitty do a press conference with some scientific facts as to the effectiveness and why he was initially wrong with his advice .

couldn’t give a shit about wearing a mask .

Typical. The very day me and the wife are traipsing around Brentwood, we find it’s ground zero for the new variant.

is that a scientific response ?

doesn’t bother me wearing a mask but if we are going to wear one let’s all wear medical masks eh ?

and Whitty do a press conference with some scientific facts as to the effectiveness and why he was initially wrong with his advice .

couldn’t give a shit about wearing a mask .
I know you don't give a shit

It wasn't a criticism of you but those figures mean nothing.

It's like Ukraine and Russia. Cases less than the UK, official deaths far higher (Ukraine around 700-800, Russia over a 1000 daily) but they are far lower than the actual numbers. Russian excess deaths were way over 400k months ago, for instance.

Other than Western European countries, the US & certain Asia Pacific countries you can discount most other statistics.
Oh I agree they are only a snapshot. I suppose, however, that they show that Omicron is spreading quickly in one concentrated area, though it’s still too early to say what that might mean in terms of deaths. However, I posted an interview earlier with Professor Mathivha, head of the ICU in Soweto, and she cautions that increasing numbers of younger people 20-35 are already presenting, almost all of whom are unvaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.