#14 | Aymeric Laporte - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's reminding me of Otamendi lately. 95% of the time you've got a genuine top class defender who does so many of the right things with and without the ball, but there's always that error in him in effectively every game.

I think he deserves a bit of patience at least. We've seen players come back from much, much worse spells than this for City.

Garbage again. Didn't look like he fancied one bit against Antonio. Can't be far off a suspension for yellows. The sooner Stones is back in the better.

Typical Laporte performance when he's faced with pacey and physical opponents - he often looks out of his depth and comes off second best.

Time on the ball,and playing on the front foot,and he looks great.

Unless absolutely necessary.....Stones should not be dropped for this lad.

Typical Laporte performance when he's faced with pacey and physical opponents - he often looks out of his depth and comes off second best.

Time on the ball,and playing on the front foot,and he looks great.

Unless absolutely necessary.....Stones should not be dropped for this lad.

It’s always been the case with him, it’s just for the first 18 months of his time here few teams had the capacity/desire to attack us, so the mirage of him being an elite centreback occurred. He’s a better footballer than he is defender.

Stones last season earned the right to be the default first choice centreback partner for Dias - psychologically he doesn’t seem to react well the pressure of being flawless to keep his place, and ironically that’s when errors start creeping back into his game.

Wonder if pep is preserving stones a bit for end season run-in. Otherwise I don’t get it. Laporte is very good I believe, but almost always has a mistake from misplaying someone (often in too tight from which he gets beat), and then overreacts/responds poorly in an attempt to make right.

He's reminding me of Otamendi lately. 95% of the time you've got a genuine top class defender who does so many of the right things with and without the ball, but there's always that error in him in effectively every game.

I think he deserves a bit of patience at least. We've seen players come back from much, much worse spells than this for City.
Spot on. Stones always had a couple errors per game till last season. Laporte could still come back to his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.