10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
City are a team, a perfect engine that requires each cog to produce and do their part. We don’t rely on big players to drag us to trophies like a lot of the red shite.
He will play his part and leave the one man teams counting their wages whilst he counts his trophies.
The fact you mention his transfer fee to try and dig him out just makes you sound like another bitter ****, and we’ve got a few on the thread already.
So you're telling me that you spend 100 million on a player just for him to be another cog in the team?

His all round play was excellent the only thing missing was a goal I think Pep will have loved his display, personally I was disappointed we paid £100m on him but he's showed good quality, and encouraging amounts of qualify so far since joining, he started off well in his first few games before a mini slump at his new team where he still needs to get used to our methods playing for us and Villa is a different world, he played really well yesterday his finishing was poor but everything else I couldn't fault him as he grows I can see him ironing flaws out and massively improving.

Not sure how you thought he was way off the level or poor bar the shooting I was really impressed by his all round play, you need to give him time we won't see his best just yet not even close when he gets used to his surroundings and learns to be more comfortable as he integrates, he'll be a great long-term signing and to be honest I didn't even want him or understand why we wanted him at first, but I've seen enough of him to understand what Pep sees in him potentially.

He'll come good don't be so hasty to downplay him you're letting your possible high immediate expectations cloud your judgement, every time you watch him try not to think of the fee and expectations just enjoy his qualities, he draws fouls he brings effort and has shown plenty of creativity since joining plus his possession retaining has been good too, as he grows within the next year he'll get used to his teammates and when to take players on and lay it off for a teammate, his finishing wasn't good at all yesterday but there were many many positives, he should improve the more he adjusts to life here so give him a chance for crying out loud.
When I said he's way off the level of the rest, what I meant by that is he still looks like the new guy on the block that isn't quite sure what he should do not that he's shit. All the rest know what they should do 3 passes before, they're all on the same wavelength and it happens seemlessly, Bernardos first being a prime example. when Grealish gets it thats not yet the case, the players around him are making 3/4 movements before they see the ball, there's indecision, he's shooting when he should pass, passing when he should shoot, the buildup to Bernardos second being a prime example.

This isn't a scathing criticism as others (not you) see it for some reason, it's just an observation. It's not even unexpected, he looks like he's the new guy because he is the new guy, it's not only expected but predicted by everyone. in 6 months time it won't be an issue (you'd hope) but we live in the here and now. we're now entering a crucial period, everybody is returning from injuries, Fodens our best player, jesus has been superb in multiple positions all season, mahrez has been consistently good and now sterling has seen a resurgence, he's bottom of the pecking order in my eyes not because he's crap, simply because there's better options at present.

Bit rich from a Barca fan talking about wasting money but hypocrites like you are regulars on this site, so no big surprise .

How's Coutinho by the way - what a brilliant investment he has been for you.

Perhaps get your begging bowl out when approaching City for a player or two to re-ignite the Barca success train .
So me being a Barca fan invalidates whatever opinion I have about a player?

You brought up Coutinho, which kind of supports my point. He was a waste of money and everyone on our fanbase regrets it.

And as for the last part, I really don't care. Bring whatever insult you want, I don't care.

So me being a Barca fan invalidates whatever opinion I have about a player?

You brought up Coutinho, which kind of supports my point. He was a waste of money and everyone on our fanbase regrets it.

And as for the last part, I really don't care. Bring whatever insult you want, I don't care.

Oh good that's decent of you - could you please fuck off now and chat shit on a rag or dipper forum because they are used to arrogant and stupid cunts, so you will feel at home .

So you're telling me that you spend 100 million on a player just for him to be another cog in the team?
Mathieu 20m, Digne 17m, Vermalen 18m, Gomes 35m, Braithwaite 20m, Malcom 41m, Griezman 120m, Dembale 110m, Turan 34m, Coutinhio 120m, all before wages.

I have to say Barca have bought top quality players that have contributed so much LOL

Isn't that what Barca do - even though you purchase broken cogs apparently .
That's what Bartomeu does, not Barcelona. Anyway, my point still stands. Guardiola could have bought a striker or an out and out left winger to replace Sane. Grealish is a good player, but I don't see what he provides that Bernardo or Gundogan can't.

Has to be more aggressive for me, take the game by the scruff of the neck and dictate and his finishing at this time is woeful but has that not always been the way?
Definitely. I think he’s a bit too nice and laidback.

We’ve never really had nice and laidback players. Even David Silva played aggressively. He even could be a bit nasty at times, never took any shit off anyone and always gave the referee shit (“puta”) and sometimes left his hip in after a challenge. But the main thing about being aggressive is that DSilva did things with aggression and purpose with the ball at his feet n’all.

Jack hasn’t got the time and space to be nice and laidback playing for us. You have seconds, if not milliseconds, on the ball playing for us. You have to do what you’re doing with aggression and purpose and that’s when you make things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.