Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

It seems the younger vocal supporters are finaly overtaking our older veterans.

It seems the opposite for our rag neighbours who are facing a decline in numbers and finance.
Yep, that's where the songs need to come from, glad it's happening. I've done my bit in the day and I'll still get involved but I struggle to hit the high notes of these sparrow balled young'uns.

There are at least 3000 tickets for sale for Saturday. Lots of £30 tickets everywhere around the stadium.
Why aren't these being snapped up!?
It’s because the tickets are ludicrously priced originally, so the decision not to go has been made by most people. Dropping some of them to £30 in the last week of sale isn’t going to change many peoples minds. Until the club resolved the scandalous price of individual match tickets we’re stuck with so many empty seats.
Unfortunately they don’t seem overly arsed about it.

It’s because the tickets are ludicrously priced originally, so the decision not to go has been made by most people. Dropping some of them to £30 in the last week of sale isn’t going to change many peoples minds. Until the club resolved the scandalous price of individual match tickets we’re stuck with so many empty seats.
Unfortunately they don’t seem overly arsed about it.
Not difficult is it. Make it cheap enough and we’ll have a packed stadium every week with , importantly, young fans

The ticket prices for Wolves at home are a disgrace. We talk on here about what could be done to improve the atmosphere when in reality, the type of people who'll get in a sing are priced out.

In 115:
Adult - £50
OAP + 18-21 - £40
Child - £30

A couple of weeks before Christmas and people don't have that kind of money. There are dozens of tickets available in every single block. We get Pep moaning at us, but what do they expect us to do?

The ticket prices for Wolves at home are a disgrace. We talk on here about what could be done to improve the atmosphere when in reality, the type of people who'll get in a sing are priced out.

In 115:
Adult - £50
OAP + 18-21 - £40
Child - £30

A couple of weeks before Christmas and people don't have that kind of money. There are dozens of tickets available in every single block. We get Pep moaning at us, but what do they expect us to do?
It’s what I’ve been saying all along. We can have all the discussions about singing sections, relocating fans, home ends etc. However, until the club are prepared to make some concessions on the disgusting price of tickets we’ll just keep going round in circles. I just don’t think they give a shit though.

In 115:
Adult - £50
OAP + 18-21 - £40
Child - £30

We are doing our level best to keep seats empty.

Said it before but we should sell these seats an hour before the game. £10 a ticket. Full house. At least give it a try for a game.

I wouldn’t give a monkey’s if the seat was not left empty.

That song is about so much more than 1 player though. I love the fact we sing about moments in our history as well as current players
I agree with you. The Edin Džeko chant is a great chant, but just not every fifteen minutes.

The whole ground never joins in with the Edin Dzeko chant, nor the Empty Seats At Home chant, yet they’re sung all the time and we’ve barely heard Hey Jude all season.

“Na na na naaaa na na na naaaa Ciiiityyyy” has been sung maybe twice all season during a game (rather than for the 5to3 karaoke). That’s definitely one chant the whole ground likes to join in with.

We’ve got so many songs that the whole ground join in with that have stopped being sung:
Hey Jude (why is this chant disappearing?)
City til I Die (why did this chant disappear?)
We’re the pride of Manchester (why did this chant disappear?)
Oh Man City, the only football team to come from Manchester (why did this chant disappear?)

I even used to like “Who are we? BLUE ARMY! Who are we? BLUE ARMY!” But that’s well disappeared now.

In 115:
Adult - £50
OAP + 18-21 - £40
Child - £30

Spot on!

Just before Christmas and NY, during a period of time where people are having to hold back on spending because of the pandemic affecting the way we spend… yet a 22 year old has to shell out £50, and a Dad wanting to take two kids has to get hold of £110.

English Football clubs are so out of touch.

Ticket in City’s South Stand Level 1 = £50 for adults, £30 for kids
Ticket in Dortmund’s Sudtribune = €15 for adults

368EA7DE-68A2-4CEA-872A-2EA17BA92443.png

And it’s the exact same prices at City for the midweek fixture against Leeds. Midweek even puts local regulars off because it’s so difficult to get around our city. It’s easier to get the the Etihad from Stoke or even as far as Wolverhampton by car than it is from Baguley or Northern Moor in Wythenshawe on public transport. Add a £50 ticket price to that, and £30 for kids again, with Covid still here, and looking at the range in prices from €10-55 Euros at Dortmund and then seeing the range of prices of £50-70 at City, it just seems daft!

Last edited by a moderator:
We are doing our level best to keep seats empty.

Said it before but we should sell these seats an hour before the game. £10 a ticket. Full house. At least give it a try for a game.

I wouldn’t give a monkey’s if the seat was not left empty.
You can't do that.

the next game people would not buy in advance, they'd just wait until an hour before the game.

You can't do that.

the next game people would not buy in advance, they'd just wait until an hour before the game.
You could make 2000 tickets available for local fans (fans who live anywhere in Greater Manchester) at £15 adults, £10 18-21 & over 65 and £5 for kids on a first come first serve basis. Or Cityzens match day members who attended 10 matches the previous season get 6 matches in the current season at £30. So many initiatives the club could introduce but aren’t interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.