Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

You can't do that.

the next game people would not buy in advance, they'd just wait until an hour before the game.

Just a suggestion mate, as the current set-up is clearly not working.

Don’t think it would stop people buying their season ticket. I think people would rather sit in their usual seat with their family or mates.

The thing about ‘theatre-style’ last minute tickets is that there’s no guarantee of getting in. If you really want to be there, you’ll have already purchased your ticket.

What percentage of our revenue do home ticket sales account for ? You often hear the throwaway line that actual paying customers contribute a piffling amount in comparison to tv deals / sponsors etc but is this true ?

If it is then it would barely hurt the club at all to make all match tickets £30 adults, £10 kids across the board. A dad could decide to take his kids to the match at the last minute without worrying about next month’s direct debits.

I think maybe
The ticket prices for Wolves at home are a disgrace. We talk on here about what could be done to improve the atmosphere when in reality, the type of people who'll get in a sing are priced out.

In 115:
Adult - £50
OAP + 18-21 - £40
Child - £30

A couple of weeks before Christmas and people don't have that kind of money. There are dozens of tickets available in every single block. We get Pep moaning at us, but what do they expect us to do?
That does seem very expensive especially of you're taking a child or two with you. I just don't think they grasp the hardship fans have to go through. As a business I expect their way of thinking is probably like comparing this current City team to a top expensive restaurant. You want elite nouveau cuisine food prepared by the worlds top chefs you have to be willing pay for it. Only a select few can afford to eat there on a regular basis and then there's a few that can splash out occasionally taking the family once or twice a year.

We keep moaning about the atmosphere, maybe we should start doing something about it? It doesn't matter if we have about 2000 tickets left to sell there's still 53,000 people going. It's before the games at Mary Ds and other places that the atmosphere seems to be dwindling too. Mary Ds or Townley or wherever should be bouncing this Saturday morning. Like other have been saying, let's bring back some of the old classic chants and belt them out before and during the game.

Come on City!

We keep moaning about the atmosphere, maybe we should start doing something about it? It doesn't matter if we have about 2000 tickets left to sell there's still 53,000 people going. It's before the games at Mary Ds and other places that the atmosphere seems to be dwindling too. Mary Ds or Townley or wherever should be bouncing this Saturday morning. Like other have been saying, let's bring back some of the old classic chants and belt them out before and during the game.

Come on City!
There’s about 51,500 tickets sold so far, presuming Wolves have sold out their end, with a couple of days to go I’d reckon we’ll shift another 800 at least. Likely to be 52k-52.5k there.

The ground doesn’t hold 55000 for league games, segregation around the ground knocks it down a bit.

Without wanting to stir the pot too much, isn't having a ground that doesn't quite sell out for C list games but sells out for A list games mean that your ground, give or take, is the right size for your fanbase? From a purely commercial basis, a couple of thousand empty seats against Wolves means you'd be looking at it and thinking you got your pricing spot on rather than panicking and flogging off your seats on the cheap?

If I gave up my ST, I’d never, everever buy a matchday ticket off the club.

The prices are a farce.

£50 for Wolves

Without wanting to stir the pot too much, isn't having a ground that doesn't quite sell out for C list games but sells out for A list games mean that your ground, give or take, is the right size for your fanbase? From a purely commercial basis, a couple of thousand empty seats against Wolves means you'd be looking at it and thinking you got your pricing spot on rather than panicking and flogging off your seats on the cheap?
Yes. 51k-53.5k is good for these sorts of games, against B and A list games we sell out, so the club are relatively happy I’d imagine.

£50 is too much tho in terms of making people pay it, we don’t have to do everything commercially focused.

I’m sure that’s the way the club look at it but other clubs are slowly beginning to facilitate their supporters a little bit more, whereas ours a disengaging more and more. The amount of empty seats this season is dispiriting. A full house would undoubtedly lift the atmosphere in my opinion whereas seeing dozens of empties in every block adds to the general apathy around the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.