Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

The atmosphere was good for half an hour and then dipped but at 4-0 up against mid table nobodies why would the place be bouncing ?
If we can’t create an atmosphere at 4-0 up we may aswell give up. You seem to be suggesting that if we are battering anyone mid table or lower it’s expected to be quiet?

it doesn’t have to be bouncing or non stop, but you’d expect it to be a lot better

The atmosphere was good for half an hour and then dipped but at 4-0 up against mid table nobodies why would the place be bouncing ?
Because we’re 4-0 up in a football match, why on Earth would it not be bouncing? That 15 minutes before half time and 15 minutes after half time is the quietest I’ve ever heard our ground.

Our atmosphere is often absolutely pathetic, and it’s not the fault of the lads who try every week because if the whole crowd were like them it would be bouncing. But even the lads who usually try didn’t bother in that middle chunk today… silence!

Because we’re 4-0 up in a football match, why on Earth would it not be bouncing? That 15 minutes before half time and 15 minutes after half time is the quietest I’ve ever heard our ground.

Our atmosphere is often absolutely pathetic, and it’s not the fault of the lads who try every week because if the whole crowd were like them it would be bouncing. But even the lads who usually try didn’t bother in that middle chunk today… silence!
Because it’s not unusual or particularly noteworthy to be 4 up.

Excitement and thus atmosphere at the match is generated by a sense of jeopardy - the wildest celebrations and the most passionate renditions of songs usually happen when the game is in the balance. At 4-0 the players and the crowd are in exhibition mode - being flat is normal

The atmoshphere for the first 30 minutes of the second half was pathetic, and Leicester and their fans took the piss singing our support is shit, (not the first team to do so), no reply from the City fans, and 3 goals scored by them. Whats up, over 2 to 3,000 standing City fans behind the goals, no effort to have a go back, and no backing of the team, pathetic, I am a FOC but when I stood on the Kippax that would never happen, no away fans came and took the piss but it happens all the time and more so this season. The standing section has had an adverse affect, in nearly 20 years at the Etihad it has never been so bad. Only one section next to the away fans have a go, but the rest need to move out and make way for fans who want to be vocal, forget this idea that we need a new place in the stadium, or people leaving early has an affect, no its down to the fans who are now standing up to get behind the team, they can get the ground going but they dont appart from a small group, its pathetic, if you dont want to get vocal move to t

Serious issue at the ground these days is the lack of atmosphere. The team is playing the best football ever seen in England yet fans fuck off at 35 mins and 80 mins regardless of the score. Band holiday, no schools, 3pm start yet still people disappear early. Wouldn’t mind if it was below freezing or pissing down. Strange that when we have a trophy presentation nobody leaves. Half hearted attempts at singing occasionally, no interest in getting behind the team and even less to applaud them off at the end. Had a spare ticket today but couldn’t sell it as who was going to pay £60 and that’s one of the main issues. Season card prices and match day prices need to come down significantly, and standing area needs to be unreserved seating so that groups of mates can stand together. And while I am ranting, get rid of the awful music before the game and Natalie Pike at half time.

Again, having ago at other blues without considering that the club's negligence and fuck ups cause it to begin with.

If you could get a pint at half time, no one would leave at 35. But the service and infrastructure is inept as fuck.

I normally get the train but obviously had to drive today. I live in Glossop - took me almost two hours from the time I got in my car to the time I walked in the door. That's why people leave early. I stayed to the end, but can understand why fans would try to shorten that.

Anyone in here moaning about other supporters is fucking thick as shit... Not only do you have no empathy or understanding of other people's circumstances, but it's immediately condemning the fan rather than looking at the nuance and the root cause.

The club is to blame.

All i’m going to say is that the Family Stand should be allocated the 3 blocks from the Colin Bell stand (upper & lower tier)
The rest should be open to everyone at the same price!
Since the boring shite “emptihad” nickname came along this stand has been the culprit - i’m not saying any other stand isn’t guilty but due to the tv position - this is the “can’t fill your stadium photo” which is shown.
If you can now just buy an adult (without kids) there, i apologise and ignore the above!
Also people having the option to buy any seats doesn’t help as there are hundreds of random dotted seats about - maybe sell row by row until all seats sold?

Every week there’s a reason why it was poor today. Let’s all be honest. Our home support is terrible. Big deal if it’s good every now and again. We don’t deserve the team and manager we have now.

The greatest team we’ve ever had and most of us sit there like sacks of spuds. 80% of those who attend never open their mouths. Lazy supporters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.