Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course, this is completely pointless, as no football club can spend over what they earn and Newcastle (/all clubs) are only as rich as their revenue.

The last time I can see any stats about Newcastle’s revenue was from 2018-19 when they earnt £182m (compared to City’s £540m).

Also, owners only put initial outlays into clubs and then aim for the club to be self sufficient. So the most important thing is how well a club is run, not how much money their owner is worth.

No owner is going (or even can) just put hundreds of millions into a club every season. FFP won’t let them anyway but, even if football was run like any fair business was, an owner might do that for a few years but then will want to see the club stand on its own two feet and use it’s own revenue to move forward.

That’s why Brentford are in the Prem despite being run on a low budget and QPR, who have the fourth biggest consortium behind them in the country, are nowhere and are doing nothing. QPR either aren’t run well enough, or they can’t spend enough money to push them on because their revenue is too small.

And even if Newcastle do get up to City’s revenue levels in the next 15 years, they’ll still only be able to spend as much as City.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, this is completely pointless, as no football club can spend over what they earn and Newcastle (/all clubs) are only as rich as their revenue.

The last time I can see any stats about Newcastle’s revenue was from 2018-19 when they earnt £182m (compared to City’s £540m).

Also, owners only put initial outlays into clubs and then aim for the club to be self sufficient. So the most important thing is how well a club is run, not how much money their owner is worth.

No owner is going (or even can) just put hundreds of millions into a club every season. FFP won’t let them anyway but, even if football was run like any fair business was, an owner might do that for a few years but then will want to see the club stand on its own two feet and use it’s own revenue to move forward.

That’s why Brentford are in the Prem despite being run on a low budget and QPR, who have the fourth biggest consortium behind them in the country, are nowhere and are doing nothing. QPR either aren’t run well enough, or they can’t spend enough money to push them on because their revenue is too small.

And even if Newcastle do get up to City’s revenue levels in the next 15 years, they’ll still only be able to spend as much as City.
It’s a worry how many idiots on Twitter and in public do not understand this.

I heard someone say in the pub recently that they’ll be better than City soon because their owners are richer. Considering it was a Rag who said this who thinks City flounce FFPR, it sums it up.

Who can they realistically sign next month?

I can only see 6 month loan deals for players who aren’t playing at the minute.

I can’t see anyone signing permanently in their current position.

a £5m loan fee for Dele Ali, Coutinho and Martial could be realistic although it’s defence where they have issues and I cannot think of anyone realistic who would go.

They will ( or should ) sign Tarkowski from burnley - burnley will sell if the price is right.

and they need a strong spine.

ward-prowse is another possible ~ as saints sell if price is right.

They will ( or should ) sign Tarkowski from burnley - burnley will sell if the price is right.

and they need a strong spine.

ward-prowse is another possible ~ as saints sell if price is right.

Would either sell to a rival though? They could get £50m for Tarkowski but they would mean relegation for Burnley which would cost them more than £50m.

Ward Prowse the same. Both good realistic summer signings but not next month.

Trippier looks a decent purchase for them.
I’ll be interested how many of their signings are from foreign clubs. I did read of rumours some English clubs may spit their dummies out and refuse to deal with them… would be a bit daft imho.

Who can they realistically sign next month?

I can only see 6 month loan deals for players who aren’t playing at the minute.

I can’t see anyone signing permanently in their current position.

a £5m loan fee for Dele Ali, Coutinho and Martial could be realistic although it’s defence where they have issues and I cannot think of anyone realistic who would go.
Trippier first signing

Trippier looks a decent purchase for them.
I’ll be interested how many of their signings are from foreign clubs. I did read of rumours some English clubs may spit their dummies out and refuse to deal with them… would be a bit daft imho.

Going cost them 30m apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.