Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but that doesn’t sound like the actor Alan Davies who plays Jonathan Creek
His voice is different but I think he’s got a cold or something because there’s bits of it that sound like his style of speech so will be him. Used to like him but he’s such a prick, especially thinking Arsenal are a national institution, fuck me no normal intelligent fan thinks their club is that. That’s why he sits in the stupid chair on QI I guess. If you watch it he only ever joins in the jokes that the other guests start or does something silly that a 7 year old kid would do, he’s Quite Uninteresting. Stopped watching it because of him being a knob.

Lots of talentless twats on gameshows like Taskmaster etc with the same old boring unfunny disks re churning the same old crap.
Never liked him. Misses and daughter watch em. Just showed them. Furious.

The Hong Kong group run the hotel business which are the sponsoring company. The land and building belong to Abu Dhabi, but not the business which is a tenant.
That was my understanding. The Abu Dhabi Municipality own the infrastructure and the hotel company is the tenant or lessee.

Is it any different to Network Rail owning Piccadilly Station, which Sainsburys, Boots, WH smith and others rent space in?

Edit: Even if Network Rail entered into a joint venture with these companies to provide retail facilities at their mainline stations, they still wouldn't be responsible for how those companies spent their money.

Last edited:
Just reading a muen story and they say Pep has spent 963m on players since 2016, I get it to just over 800m, in the same time rags have spent 863m. Where has this other 163m been dreamed up from?
According to our accounts (which only go up to 2020 currently) it's £799.5m, excluding anything we spent last summer. In the same period, we've received £308.5m.

Does he want Arsenal to return all the dirty oil money they get from their biggest sponsor...Emirates?
Arsenal and Emirates seem to have got a free ride from the casual & overt racism flung at City for the past decade or so.
It’s as if, it’s not a worry if your team plays in red, you can do whatever you want including denigrating your own sponsors - either by stupidity or… err stupidity.

Edit; also free ride Liverpool & Standard chartered. United & Saudi football academy, Aeroflot.

Last edited:
i went off tranfermarkt (-5% to cover incorrect values etc some are over)

i wanted the full breakdown, doesnt include clauses and loan fees, its prob a fair few mil lower

Transfermarkt will be dynamically based on the euro, I think.

So if the £ is now worth 10% less now than it was at the time of the transfer, then the transfer value will have gone "up".
It can add strange numbers - Sterling is currently listed as being bought for £57M, de Bruyne for £68M - the euro value of the transfer on the site won't have changed though.

Transfermarkt will be dynamically based on the euro, I think.

So if the £ is now worth 10% less now than it was at the time of the transfer, then the transfer value will have gone "up".
It can add strange numbers - Sterling is currently listed as being bought for £57M, de Bruyne for £68M - the euro value of the transfer on the site won't have changed though.
Yeah, i know its "in the ballpark" for the numbers wise. jack was £105.75m for some reason, so i went with the 5%

Yeah, i know its "in the ballpark" for the numbers wise. jack was £105.75m for some reason, so i went with the 5%

Yep, I noticed that one too. The older the figures, the more they may have changed! De Bruyne's has changed hugely.

It's fairly standard that hacks will just take the facevalue figure from transfermarkt as their 'research', and it just inflates transfer costs.

Yep, I noticed that one too. The older the figures, the more they may have changed! De Bruyne's has changed hugely.

It's fairly standard that hacks will just take the facevalue figure from transfermarkt as their 'research', and it just inflates transfer costs.
Yeah I have 2 spreadsheets, one with the transfermarket figures and the -5% i use for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.