Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the game was around 20 years ago, Real Madrid vs Arsenal
Arsenal had no English players
Real Madrid fielded Beckham, Owen and Woodgate
And about 130 years ago Liverpool, the plaything of a rich tory rentier, had no Englishmen in the team whatsoever. No istree la.

Fabrizio Romano quoted on City Xtra showing once again he is a fucker blagger.

Insists the Foden contract delay is down to some clauses not yet being sorted.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Phil previous agent died last year and the current one acting for him has some personal issues which has simply delayed it being rubberstamped.

Phil is with a Liverpool based small firm which is also in the process of being sold.

Nothing to do with clauses or money, just Phil being a really nice guy and some things being more important than money in his eyes.

A kid with great integrity.
Yeah think he was actually a solicitor on a fixed fee who the family have trusted for a long time, rather than the usual super-agency
BAEACF0C-D722-4CC7-A736-6199F35321F4.jpeg

I am genuinely curious as to how so many of them seem totally afraid/unwilling to talk about this Liverpool false positives story? Tariq, Harris etc seem very keen on shouting into the ether about City signing low cost sponsorship deals with hotels.

You would think a story about a club having a number of false positives that allows them to postpone a game, before magically being negative would at least make you want to ask some questions, but there's nothing.

I can't help but feel if was Manchester City then there would be another "Smoking False Positive Gun" headline on the back page of most sports papers.
It’s been swept under the collapsed wall.

Think you can go further back than that, Liverpools 86 cup final team had no English players.
True and good point but only if we don't count Mark Lawrenson the Lancashire lad who played for Ireland ! PS I remember as far back as the early 80s when Liverpool and the raggos regularly had no more than 2 or 3 English men in the side when we would have 8 or 9 and 4 or 5 of them were Mancs Funnily enough the press never mentioned it in those days !

True and good point but only if we don't count Mark Lawrenson the Lancashire lad who played for Ireland ! PS I remember as far back as the early 80s when Liverpool and the raggos regularly had no more than 2 or 3 English men in the side when we would have 8 or 9 and 4 or 5 of them were Mancs Funnily enough the press never mentioned it in those days !
He did play for Ireland and was instrumental in getting us to our first finals in 88 but missed the tournment through injury.

Re today’s Daily Mail Story that the EFL have inexplicably decided not to look into not the curious case of Liverpool’s false positives, and their apparent need to cancel their fixture with Arsenal as a result:

There is seemingly more chance of two people both randomly selecting the same star in our galaxy than Liverpool’s account of events being feasible (i.e. 40 or so lateral flow tests showing falsely positive).

For those false positives to then (again, unluckily) be confirmed by 40 PCR tests as also falsely positive, those two same people playing this game could now make things a little more interesting - and choose their individual stars from any of the other half billion galaxies too.

It has been recommended that people didn’t take a PCR for three months after an initially confirmed positive Covid test, as PCRs are capable of detecting the presence of the tiniest amount of virus 90 days after the infection has (to all intents and purposes) passed.

Yet, within a matter of hours or days (Liverpool have not, as yet, said how long after to my knowledge) the highly sensitive PCR testing conducted in round three (39 out of 40) showed the Liverpool staff and players to be utterly clear of even minuscule traces of virus.

And, er, we’re the conspiracists here apparently?

Nothing to see Mr Parry, as you were.

Attachments

• FAEC7F1A-E2E7-4A57-BB5F-D14044EFE397.jpeg
    FAEC7F1A-E2E7-4A57-BB5F-D14044EFE397.jpeg
    854.2 KB · Views: 196
Terry Butcher, John Barnes, Raheem Sterling, Owen Hargreaves, most of the ‘England’ cricket team of the last 30 years and half of ‘Team GB’ at the last half dozen Olympics…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.