The FTSE

GSK might be worth a punt. UK regulator approved this drug today. Shares haven't reacted yet.

Early data suggest GSK antibody treatment is effective against Omicron

GlaxoSmithKline’s Covid-19 antibody treatment is likely to be able to tackle the Omicron coronavirus variant, according to early data from the company, despite rival drugs losing efficacy against the recently discovered strain.
The UK drugmaker and its partner Vir Biotechnology said on Thursday that early tests suggest the antibody treatment, called sotrovimab, is effective against Omicron’s key mutations. But the companies’ paper has not yet been peer-reviewed and they still need to complete lab tests of sotrovimab. The companies will provide an update by the end of 2021.
By contrast, early tests of Regeneron’s antibody treatment Ronapreve found the mutations in Omicron may hamper the drug’s ability to treat Covid-19.
Hal Barron, GSK’s chief scientific officer, said the company was working to expand access to the treatment worldwide.
“Though early, these pre-clinical data support our long-held view on the potential for sotrovimab to maintain its activity as the virus continues to mutate,” he said.
Separately on Thursday, the UK regulator approved the drug for high risk people with mild and moderate disease. The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency said it would work with GSK to establish if Omicron will have any impact on its efficacy.
Dr June Raine, MHRA chief executive said: “This is yet another therapeutic that has been shown to be effective at protecting those most vulnerable to Covid-19, and signals another significant step forward in our fight against this devastating disease.”
Been a very lacklustre share over the last 5 years this one. Good dividend though

Been a very lacklustre share over the last 5 years this one. Good dividend though
Think that might change with the U.S activists Elliott group taking a big chunk in the company earlier this year as they have a good track record of investing in undervalued stock and realizing shareholder value and seem to be going for the chairman Walmsley. Glaxo are also splittping the pharma and consumer businesses into two companies next year to refocus on getting a good pipeline of therapeutics to market which they were once renowned for and have just poached Pfizer’s top vaccine man. Doing very promising stuff on hiv as well…

have got Pfizer and Glaxo in a dividend portfolio I set up at the beginning of year, but they’ve actually blown my growth portfolio out of the water this year in terms of share price growth….I’m a converted man to dividend stocks now
;-)

Was there a big drop today?
I put £2500 in a low risk wealthsimple account a month ago and have lost over £100 (lot of that today).

It would be bad to panic and take it all out now, right?
Wealthsimple is closing down.
Had eMail today about it, and have started process of transferring funds to a bank account. I only used it as a Direct debit account (£1's) for various Savings/current accounts that needed to have DD's, so I haven't really used it for a year+ and had only a small amount of money in it. It earnt 16% (after charges) in the time I had it. So worthwhile, even if a pittance in it!

2022 hasn’t exactly started great.

My tech funds make me want to cry right about now.

Crypto tanking as well.

think everything's tanking right now, lost about 5% of value in my S&S ISA in 10 days

Yes it’s a bit painful. Taken quite a hit on my American and Chinese funds. In it for the longer term though
Add me to the list of people who are getting twatted all over the park at the moment! Highlights include the Baillie Gifford American fund which has served me so well in the past 18 months tanking day after day. All my other Baillie Giffords performing badly too. Plus NIO doesn't look like it's going to the moon anytime soon. I was hoping that would be my golden ticket to an early retirement. At this rate, I'll be retiring when I'm about 86 - assuming I'm still around then!

Add me to the list of people who are getting twatted all over the park at the moment! Highlights include the Baillie Gifford American fund which has served me so well in the past 18 months tanking day after day. All my other Baillie Giffords performing badly too. Plus NIO doesn't look like it's going to the moon anytime soon. I was hoping that would be my golden ticket to an early retirement. At this rate, I'll be retiring when I'm about 86 - assuming I'm still around then!

Ha, you can’t be complaining too much about the BG American if you’ve held it for 18 months!

Scottish Mortgage Trust is doing me the most damage.

Ha, you can’t be complaining too much about the BG American if you’ve held it for 18 months!

Scottish Mortgage Trust is doing me the most damage.
A lot of my profits from it have been wiped out! But yeah, still on the right side by quite a bit

Just looked at Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust. Not great but the falls don't look quite as bad as some of the others I'm seeing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.