The FTSE

I also have some shares in another fairly new EV company Lucid (LCID). Bought in cheap when it was rumored to be merging with a Saudi investment fund as a SPAC. They have recently started to produce their first cars and the rollout process has begun after selling a few thousand of their new car. Compared with Rivian (who are yet to produce one car), I think Lucid are much better value and will have a good run-up in the years to come.
Same here. I only bought a few shares, but got them at $17 (when they were CCIV) and they are now ~ $50 less than a year later. I don't profess to know too much about the company but there's plenty of people who think there's more room to grow here.

The gains here are helping me offset my losses, including NIO, which I hope will rise again soon.

Same here. I only bought a few shares, but got them at $17 (when they were CCIV) and they are now ~ $50 less than a year later. I don't profess to know too much about the company but there's plenty of people who think there's more room to grow here.

The gains here are helping me offset my losses, including NIO, which I hope will rise again soon.
Yep that was it CCIV. I bought 100 shares at $12, got on it really early.

I was holding NIO for quite a while but got out at $60 just before it dipped. You'll be fine long term you just need to be patient, as is the case with most EV growth stocks.

GSK might be worth a punt. UK regulator approved this drug today. Shares haven't reacted yet.

Early data suggest GSK antibody treatment is effective against Omicron

GlaxoSmithKline’s Covid-19 antibody treatment is likely to be able to tackle the Omicron coronavirus variant, according to early data from the company, despite rival drugs losing efficacy against the recently discovered strain.
The UK drugmaker and its partner Vir Biotechnology said on Thursday that early tests suggest the antibody treatment, called sotrovimab, is effective against Omicron’s key mutations. But the companies’ paper has not yet been peer-reviewed and they still need to complete lab tests of sotrovimab. The companies will provide an update by the end of 2021.
By contrast, early tests of Regeneron’s antibody treatment Ronapreve found the mutations in Omicron may hamper the drug’s ability to treat Covid-19.
Hal Barron, GSK’s chief scientific officer, said the company was working to expand access to the treatment worldwide.
“Though early, these pre-clinical data support our long-held view on the potential for sotrovimab to maintain its activity as the virus continues to mutate,” he said.
Separately on Thursday, the UK regulator approved the drug for high risk people with mild and moderate disease. The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency said it would work with GSK to establish if Omicron will have any impact on its efficacy.
Dr June Raine, MHRA chief executive said: “This is yet another therapeutic that has been shown to be effective at protecting those most vulnerable to Covid-19, and signals another significant step forward in our fight against this devastating disease.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.