Russian invasion of Ukraine

If the weather had been a bit colder, and the ground less muddy, this might already be a fait accompli, per one analyst in the USA.

The only real unarmed deterrent against Russia is dollars…finding Putin & his cronies dollars (and Euros and…) and freezing them! Then, removing Russia from the international financial exchange structure.

The problem, of course, is the trading relationship with some western countries for Russia’s trading assets.

The question then comes down to which pain is worse? Financial or Military…for both sides!

Putin’s saber rattling is hyper-serious at a time when he feels the western alliance is weak and their economies unable to stomach an expensive conflict. However, there’s no point in spending trillions on generational deterrence if you are going to golf the first time the “bad man” rattles his saber!

Biden has laid out a path forward for Putin, if he wants to take it, but BLACKMAILING THE WEST CANNOT BE REWARDED.

As far as I can see, no sovereign nation within NATO has any expansionist geographical views, so the Russian gaslighting wrt NATO is a joke!

It’s is THE WEST that is trying to stop expansionism, while Russian long for their old empire…something Putin speaks about frequently when self-aggrandizing and trying to elevate himself.

Putin needs a healthy dose of Polonium to get his mind right!

If the weather had been a bit colder, and the ground less muddy, this might already be a fait accompli, per one analyst in the USA.

The only real unarmed deterrent against Russia is dollars…finding Putin & his cronies dollars (and Euros and…) and freezing them! Then, removing Russia from the international financial exchange structure.

The problem, of course, is the trading relationship with some western countries for Russia’s trading assets.

The question then comes down to which pain is worse? Financial or Military…for both sides!

Putin’s saber rattling is hyper-serious at a time when he feels the western alliance is weak and their economies unable to stomach an expensive conflict. However, there’s no point in spending trillions on generational deterrence if you are going to golf the first time the “bad man” rattles his saber!

Biden has laid out a path forward for Putin, if he wants to take it, but BLACKMAILING THE WEST CANNOT BE REWARDED.

As far as I can see, no sovereign nation within NATO has any expansionist geographical views, so the Russian gaslighting wrt NATO is a joke!

It’s is THE WEST that is trying to stop expansionism, while Russian long for their old empire…something Putin speaks about frequently when self-aggrandizing and trying to elevate himself.

Domestic issues at home so it's time to act all John Wayne on the Old Enemy.

You underestimate Putin. He wont invade. He'll humiliate Biden politically.

its certainly a point of view.

Has UEFA threatened to move the CL final yet? That'll frighten them.

I always thought it was a misplaced hope that Russia's becoming a capitalist country would end the Cold War. Too many vested interests in arms manufacturing and dealing.

But now I'd have expected Putin to think his long term strategy would better be in cooperation with the West against China.

As Afghanistan showed, the Russian appetite for troops coming home in body bags may limit any imperial ambitions.

I always thought it was a misplaced hope that Russia's becoming a capitalist country would end the Cold War. Too many vested interests in arms manufacturing and dealing.

But now I'd have expected Putin to think his long term strategy would better be in cooperation with the West against China.

As Afghanistan showed, the Russian appetite for troops coming home in body bags may limit any imperial ambitions.
I get the impression an alliance with China Is taking place.

Putin controls energy allowing the Chinese to control infrastructure. The Chinese have Africa by default. Whilst Putin has Europe by the balls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.