Russian invasion of Ukraine

The fact is that instead of leaving a sort of respectful 'buffer zone' of former eastern Blok nation's NATO and the EU have pushed an expansionist policy East up to Russia's doorstep, and quite fairly Putin has had enough. We are trying to leverage anti russian sentiment in western Ukraine and paint Putin as the warmonger. It's almost like the west has realised we need a new cold war to stimulate the arms industry and boost our economies.....
Nah fuck off Ukraine. It doesn’t matter who you want to elect or how you’d like to modernise your economy and move into a more liberal 21st century, some cûnt on Bluemoon thinks it’s more respectful to just let Russia install a puppet and control you from Moscow. You’ve only yourself to blame for choosing to be so close to Russia’s border. /s

Fuck knows how you got any “likes” for that load of guff.

It’s all good and well hearing how Putin has Russian forces camped on the Wests border but we also have troops and missiles camped on his.

Both sides have to back down here and realise that a buffer zone is needed between the two sides.
Think about your two paragraphs in the cold light of day and you’ll realise they make absolutely zero sense. There are no troops camped on Russia’s doorstep. You’re more likely to grow 3 dicks this afternoon than nato invade Russia in your lifetime.

Whereas Russia have already invaded Ukraine and annexed the Crimea.

You answered the question numerous times, but then skipped over it in order to get scary about nukes!

“AIRCRAFT carrier”

Control the skies over Ukraine, if invited, patrol the Black Sea, project power and see over the horizon.

The Black Sea is essential to Russia and Ukraine “almost” owns access to the northern Black Sea.

Crimea changed that, and with Ukraine, Crimea, and a friendly and compliant Turkey, it gives Russia COMPLETE control over the Black Sea, access to the Eastern Med & their new Middle Eastern seaport buddy in Syria!

Russia is doing in the “west” what China is doing in the South China Sea/Taipei/Philippines & Far East…pushing their boundaries OUT to protect from US and their Allies hemming them IN.

There are 2 Siperpowrrs in the world and a Wannabee. The Wannabee revolves around one man and his Soviet obsession. I worry less about him than the other one, which has designs on not being hemmed on by the Japan/South Korea/Taipei “oriental curtain” that hems them in. Take Taipei and they negate the southern islands of Japan being an informal blockade and can project their “new and improved” world’s fastest growing Navy into the Philippines Sea and deep water Pacific…that the US currently owns.

Get rid of Duterte and the Philippines becomes up for grabs. If China grabs it, then their power projection into the Pacific becomes very, very expensive to even attempt to replicate or address….and we all know the Royal Navy, Oz or NZ, ain’t getting that job done!

Step back and you see THE major geopolitical HOTSPOTS of the world being fought over without firing a weapon YET.

The question now is whether there is ENOUGH TRADE AND DIPLOMACY IN THE WORLD to stop these two Superpowers from taking what they feel they both deserve and need for their future protection AND power projection?

Xi Jinping (July 2021)

“The Chinese people will never allow any foreign forces to bully us. Anyone who dares to try will have their heads bashed bloody against a Great Wall of Steel.”

Hmmm, not much room for interpretation there…
The Chinese are definitely a concern (Having 100M+ more men than women is never a good thing for a start). However I honestly can’t see the Chinese doing anything militarily, as they are increasingly prosperous and are ‘winning’ the commercial wars/land grabs without it.

Russia is another matter, less predictable I’d say with Putin at the helm. However, back to my original point. They might not be the Superpower they were (in itself part of the problem), but they still possess enough power to destroy the world a few times over, which in a potential conflict is ‘super-enough’. Putin has been flying Russian planes around the UK and driving Aircraft carriers through the English Channel. I don’t imagine a U.S. aircraft carrier in the area, or U.S. aircraft flying over the Ukraine would affect his decision, if he’s got the balls/stupidity to decide to invade Ukraine.

Why do you think I was getting scary about nukes by the way (I’m not being argumentative…just interested in your thoughts)? If there’s any kind of sustained fighting involving Russia and the U.S. and if the U.S. and its allies start inflicting heavy losses and back them into a corner with a threat of further losses, I can’t see Russia avoiding using tactical nukes?

The Chinese are definitely a concern (Having 100M+ more men than women is never a good thing for a start). However I honestly can’t see the Chinese doing anything militarily, as they are increasingly prosperous and are ‘winning’ the commercial wars/land grabs without it.

Russia is another matter, less predictable I’d say with Putin at the helm. However, back to my original point. They might not be the Superpower they were (in itself part of the problem), but they still possess enough power to destroy the world a few times over, which in a potential conflict is ‘super-enough’. Putin has been flying Russian planes around the UK and driving Aircraft carriers through the English Channel. I don’t imagine a U.S. aircraft carrier in the area, or U.S. aircraft flying over the Ukraine would affect his decision, if he’s got the balls/stupidity to decide to invade Ukraine.

Why do you think I was getting scary about nukes by the way (I’m not being argumentative…just interested in your thoughts)? If there’s any kind of sustained fighting involving Russia and the U.S. and if the U.S. and its allies start inflicting heavy losses and back them into a corner with a threat of further losses, I can’t see Russia avoiding using tactical nukes?
There is no nuclear war over Ukraine.

There is no nuclear war over Ukraine.
If you believe the US aren’t prepared to get into a fight over Ukraine, then I expect Putin believes it too and hence the movement of an aircraft carrier to the area to posture is of little consequence I expect.

if you believe the US are prepared to get into a fight, I hope your optimism it won’t escalate is well founded.

Think about your two paragraphs in the cold light of day and you’ll realise they make absolutely zero sense. There are no troops camped on Russia’s doorstep. You’re more likely to grow 3 dicks this afternoon than nato invade Russia in your lifetime.

Whereas Russia have already invaded Ukraine and annexed the Crimea.
He spot on. Although obviously no where near the cold war presence in West Germany, NATO forces have steadily established bases eastwards through the 90's to the present day. Putin/Russia are no angels, but this is the same as the US crying over Chinese expansionism while at the same time encircling China in the Pacific with military bases.

Nah fuck off Ukraine. It doesn’t matter who you want to elect or how you’d like to modernise your economy and move into a more liberal 21st century, some cûnt on Bluemoon thinks it’s more respectful to just let Russia install a puppet and control you from Moscow. You’ve only yourself to blame for choosing to be so close to Russia’s border. /s

Fuck knows how you got any “likes” for that load of guff.
Lol - it's all about our love for freedom and democracy. Something we usually drop on people from about 12000ft!

Lol - it's all about our love for freedom and democracy. Something we usually drop on people from about 12000ft!
Whilst I’m usually first to give the Yanks a dig in the ribs over their love of dropping freedom all over the Middle East, if it wasn’t for the US’s support of Ukraine right now, they’d be fully under Russian military control. Their people don’t want that, I believe in self determination and thus Putin can go fuck himself.

Whilst I’m usually first to give the Yanks a dig in the ribs over their love of dropping freedom all over the Middle East, if it wasn’t for the US’s support of Ukraine right now, they’d be fully under Russian military control. Their people don’t want that, I believe in self determination and thus Putin can go fuck himself.
Fair enough, but I think part of the problem is that a large portion of the Ukraine wants to be Russian? A difficult problem -like some Irish folk being adamant they are British I suppose. I personally think the Ukraine should remain a sovereign state free of western or Russian interference.

He spot on. Although obviously no where near the cold war presence in West Germany, NATO forces have steadily established bases eastwards through the 90's to the present day. Putin/Russia are no angels, but this is the same as the US crying over Chinese expansionism while at the same time encircling China in the Pacific with military bases.

TBF if the Russians hadn’t turned most of Eastern Europe into a festering shithole when they had the soviet empire and Warsaw Pact perhaps these countries wouldn’t be falling over themselves to protect their independence by joining NATO.

Putin is behaving like a jilted husband who’s ex-wife and her new lover have moved in next door. You had your chance, you fucked it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.