Mason Greenwood released on bail

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ^^^^ is my concern.

Deep pockets versus shallow pockets.
15 minutes of rape victim infamy versus enough money to start a new life and have a few nice things.

This is where, for me, law enforcement SHOULD step in….

Tell Greenwood he will get a lighter sentence for providing financial security for his victim, BUT he’s getting a custodial sentence either way!

In the States, we do this via criminal & civil suits. Criminal trial addresses the crime, civil suit addresses victim financial redress.
I don't think it works like that in the UK. I've never heard of someone getting off a serious crime like this by paying off the victim. Certainly not officially anyway. Let's be honest, rapists aren't just in prison because of the rape they committed, they're in prison because they're a threat to other people too. So while a pay out might go some way to allowing the victim to move on, it does nothing for the rest of us who would then have to live with a rapist on the streets. And worse, a rapist who knows he can get away with it.

Last edited:
I feel like that's different because I imagine footballers have a specific clause about drug use in their contract. They could also be sued for breach of contract if they got into a motorbike accident. I've not heard of any footballer being sued for breach of contract after being sent to prison though. Also with Mutu, there was a very definite transfer fee that Chelsea lost out on, whereas with Greenwood, there's only his hypothetical value.
Very true just had a read of case notes award was against the unamortized portion of his fee and as you say there is none in this case. Reading this it would appear that there may be a case against Mendy if found guilty for putting himself in a position where he is unable to fulfil hi obligations wouldn't expect City to pursue it though.

Very true just had a read of case notes award was against the unamortized portion of his fee and as you say there is none in this case. Reading this it would appear that there may be a case against Mendy if found guilty for putting himself in a position where he is unable to fulfil hi obligations wouldn't expect City to pursue it though.

He would argue that he was unable to fulfil his obligations due to being shit long before he was ever arrested.

How do you think it works over here ffs?

We gave you your laws and legal system about 250 years ago.
I believe that you GAVE us your system of taxation and colonialism about 260 years ago, which is why we wrote our declaration of independence, constitution and bill of rights about 250 years ago. Thanks.

I believe that you GAVE us your system of taxation and colonialism about 260 years ago, which is why we wrote our declaration of independence, constitution and bill of rights about 250 years ago. Thanks.
You’ve broadened the debate somewhat, but if our systems of taxation and colonialism inspired your slave-owning founding fathers in the way you describe, then of course you’re very welcome.

You’ve broadened the debate somewhat, but if our systems of taxation and colonialism inspired your slave-owning founding fathers in the way you describe, then of course you’re very welcome.
Our founding fathers were for the most part English. Other than language,which we've bastardized and steak and kidney pie. The only GOOD thing that the British have given us is Manchester City Football Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.