Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

I posted the below in the Talksport thread…

I stayed in London over the weekend and have just got back. Our hotel was in Paddington. Paddington station was full of Liverpool ‘fans’ after the game going back to the South West. Prior to the game I was in a pub in Baker Street. Talking to a bunch of Liverpool fans from Wolverhampton. To me these fans that follow Liverpool (and United) are the definition of glory hunters. They have zero connection to Liverpool as a city. Is it a coincidence that these people choose to support one of the two most successful clubs in the the country and world? No it isn’t, they can’t be bothered supporting their local team and have taken the easy route. The same goes for these presenters who pop up on TS with southern accents and support United or Liverpool. They are glory hunters that get to spout their shite on national radio and the social media fan boys lap it up.

We stayed over in High Wycombe. On leaving my hotel room Saturday morning, a bloke wearing shorts with a big LFC emblem tattoo on his calf exited the room next to me at the same time.

"Going to the match"? says I.

"Nah mate" comes back a Cockney accent. "Going to a birfday party"

Started with the MEN circling empty blue seats. It all exploded after that.
It started with rag fanzines like utd We Stand amd Red Issue through clowns like Mitten and Boyle saying we can’t fill the ground and calling it the Emptyhad as it was the only thing they had on us( which is bolllcks as we know) we’ve become better than the cunts on and off the pitch and they need something to beat us with so this myth was perpertrated and is now become fact even though it’s shite

The outcry regarding our Wembley attendance borders on obsessive and downright outrageous to be perfectly honest. No other side in world football experiences the same scrutiny on that front as we do.

There is nothing else to criticise us, if attendence is the best they can do then we are doing alright. Ill take that rather then being given shit for fighting mid table every season.

You just can't tell 100% from an angled picture - I hate to do this as I've had a similar conversation in the VAR thread on offsides.

But to give an idea of why this isn't clear - have a look at the posts - they don't line up with the goal line because the photo is taken from slightly further up the pitch. This shows that anything above the goal line will appear further to the left the higher it is. That means the ball is going to appear further left in comparison to the goal line than it really is. Given that the whole of the ball has to be over the line, and it's pretty much just there, even in this picture, it looks like it's fine to me.
I was almost in line and it looked out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.