Liverpool FA Cup s/f (N) | Post Match Thread

I'm really sorry your group was hassled and provoked. I can't see the point and it's completely unnecessary. You can't begrudge fans celebrating a win if that's all they do but there's no need to go on to have a go like that.

As for the Hillsborough silence, I can understand if what was going on was not understood or it was concourse singing (I remember thinking it sounded a bit remote at the time). I've read others here saying it was deliberate and I guess you always get a few but even a few is worth the apology in this case.

What's worrying is the worsening of attitudes between clubs. It's always been a decent club and I for one was happy when City won it that first time in such a long time (even happier when we won it after a similar wait of course). Seems there's an increased nastiness on both sides - on and off the pitch, which is a crying shame. The closer teams are the worse it seems to get but City and Liverpool have been close enough recently (and City have had the better of it in the PL at least), so I don't get the change or why it's happened.

I was watching a video of a fan on YouTube, who was absolutely obsessed with doing down the fans, repeating stuff over and over. Clenched fists - almost sobbing with frustration. No matter that it was about people dying at a football match. All right, she was p*ssed but it wasn't the football that bothered her, it was the fans.

Just one example and there'll be many others on many other themes from lots of different clubs. Something broken there and it's not just football.
Was always good between city liverpool,but when we got good use dint like it ,just like utd ect,but i think it all stems from the way we were treated as a club when team buss got smashed to pieces,its now a big rivalry,personally i think the games are great,not saturday obviously,but pep wont play that team when we meet in cl final,im lookin forward too that one,cos it is goin to happen,there both too good not too get to final

I immediately switch off when i get talking to a fan who ‘chose’ a club and has no geographical or family ties to the club/area.
I have very little repect.
I have a pal who supports Liverpool, born n bred stockport. Started supporting liverpool in the mid 80s, wonder why. But he claims it wasnt because they were the best.

i have zero respect for his opinions on football.
You find the glory hunters are the worse type of fan too
In the fan zone had a “blue” in the queue for the bogs from Surrey telling me how we were gonna beat Villarreal in the semi final to get to Paris
Couldn’t be arsed putting him right as I was concentrating on not pissing myself

Would have been of it was the other way around.
Never mind was the ball out of play, how far out of the Arc was the ball when he took the corner?
Fuckinell his feet are 2 yards away from it considering he has just kicked the ball.

Elastic leg or what.

Top post. Can only agree with you about how loud they were and how quite we were. Just watched the game tonight against Man U and again very loud to a man, everyone joining in young and old. No excuses from our support now. This team needs us and we need to support this team from start to finish. Noted also the Kop all stayed afterwards and Klop did his usual fist bump to them and they responded. Note to city fans,stay behind and clap this wonderful team of current champions off the pitch instead of disappearing with 10 mins to go. Sorry to hear about your trouble after the match.
I get the bit about giving loud support, but staying until the end in anathema to far to many of our supporters. Whether it's due to crap transport links or the fear of turning into a pumpkin if they're out too late is irrelevant. I've only ever seen home fans at other grounds leave so early when we've been hammering them, and even then it's rarely as many as our early leavers.

Talking about our fanbase, just how much has it changed ?. I look back at the Blackburn game when we got back up in to the prem and that huge pitch invasion, how many of those blues on the pitch still go to the games today? The passion needs to return in the stadium

I was at that game and on the pitch at the end, a great day. It cost me £100 for a ticket from a tout in the Blackburn end but it was worth every penny, great memories. I still go and have a season ticket but it's not the same buzz for a multitude of reasons. Those doubting our loyalty and passion should be shown footage of that day and our time in the third tier the year before. We packed out grounds all over the country culminating in 46,000+ for the play off final against Gillingham. Trust we when our club really needed us we were there so the media and internet trolls, many who've never been to a game in their lives can fuck right off.

I immediately switch off when i get talking to a fan who ‘chose’ a club and has no geographical or family ties to the club/area.
I have very little repect.
I have a pal who supports Liverpool, born n bred stockport. Started supporting liverpool in the mid 80s, wonder why. But he claims it wasnt because they were the best.

i have zero respect for his opinions on football.
You find the glory hunters are the worse type of fan too
so as I have no connections with manchester, or family who followed city [ most of my dad's family was Leeds fans as they come from Harrogate ] you have little respect for me
even thou i have been a fan since 1971 had a season card/ ticket since the 1970s had to stop because of work but then started again in the 2002 but still went to games when i could in the 90s
started the Doncaster branch of the supporters club
feck you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.