Liverpool Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t stand Liverpool personally, but I just prefer to see a bit more nuanced discussion than some of the vermin/scum/murderers etc dialogue we often get. They’re not any better, of course. The City threads on their forums are just as bad.

Guess it’s just the nature of social media now. People tend to be a bit more extreme online. Spoke to a few Liverpool fans at Wembley recently and they were all reasonable enough.

I’m all in favour of ridiculing the sanctimonious shit their fans come out with, and highlighting some of the rank hypocrisies, but if we’re at the stage where we can’t even acknowledge that they’re currently a very good team then I give up.
They are probably the 2nd best side in the world and it’s up to us to save humanity that in ensuring 1 title in 30 years as opposed to 2 in five.

You can’t get on rawk if you don’t support the dippers, in fact this is the most lenient forum I know and that’s not arse licking
Even Grand Old Team lets other fans on, though they’re not too keen on the annoying younger sibling. I’m sure I’ve seen the odd City fan there.

I get booing the national anthem but Abide With Me? Why? It’s a sweet little hymn, it’s not political.

There is a section of their fans I really dislike but I admire the way Liverpool play the game, different than us obviously but attractive to watch. Klopp is a guy I like generally. And Steve Nicholl always has good words for City.
Yeah, it’s different styles but similarly effective. We dominate possession more, but they seem to be more clinical in converting chances. As said earlier, there’s little between the two sides.

As for Klopp, I used to think he was reasonably likeable but I detest him now. He’s all smiles for the camera when they win, but a remarkably bad loser when things don’t go his way. I think he’s a bit of a prick tbh.

Yeah, it’s different styles but similarly effective. We dominate possession more, but they seem to be more clinical in converting chances. As said earlier, there’s little between the two sides.

As for Klopp, I used to think he was reasonably likeable but I detest him now. He’s all smiles for the camera when they win, but a remarkably bad loser when things don’t go his way. I think he’s a bit of a prick tbh.
Haha I know what you mean re Klopp, but I like listening to him ramble on, and he seems to have a good sense of humour. He doesn't like losing but I think that's part of being a winner.

Even Grand Old Team lets other fans on, though they’re not too keen on the annoying younger sibling. I’m sure I’ve seen the odd City fan there.

I get booing the national anthem but Abide With Me? Why? It’s a sweet little hymn, it’s not political.
There’s about 7 or 8 of us posting on there

Haha I know what you mean re Klopp, but I like listening to him ramble on, and he seems to have a good sense of humour. He doesn't like losing but I think that's part of being a winner.
I’d probably love him if he was our manager. But he’s not, so I think he’s a dickhead. Glad Guardiola has a bit more decorum about him.

I can’t stand Liverpool personally, but I just prefer to see a bit more nuanced discussion than some of the vermin/scum/murderers etc dialogue we often get. They’re not any better, of course. The City threads on their forums are just as bad.

Guess it’s just the nature of social media now. People tend to be a bit more extreme online. Spoke to a few Liverpool fans at Wembley recently and they were all reasonable enough.

I’m all in favour of ridiculing the sanctimonious shit their fans come out with, and highlighting some of the rank hypocrisies, but if we’re at the stage where we can’t even acknowledge that they’re currently a very good team then I give up.
They are an incredible team and along with City, one of the only consistently good teams in the league. They are also a lot cleverer than the rags in terms of recruitment and fixing weaknesses. Poor defence? Get a Dutch giant. Mignolet is a liability? Get Alisson, with Adrian as backup. Jota and Diaz also ensure that Liverpool won’t be buggered if Salah and Mané leave. Also, unlike the rags, they play for each other and work as a team. They showed the rags up twice.

I despise them, but I’d be lying if I said I thought they were shit. They’re not.

They are an incredible team and along with City, one of the only consistently good teams in the league. They are also a lot cleverer than the rags in terms of recruitment and fixing weaknesses. Poor defence? Get a Dutch giant. Mignolet is a liability? Get Alisson, with Adrian as backup. Jota and Diaz also ensure that Liverpool won’t be buggered if Salah and Mané leave. Also, unlike the rags, they play for each other and work as a team. They showed the rags up twice.

I despise them, but I’d be lying if I said I thought they were shit. They’re not.
They’re undeniably a great team currently, but if we hold them off again this season that’ll be one league title in 33 years which is laughably bad really when you think of the resources at their disposal over that time.

Their threads are 10x worse. They spend half their time fantasising about Haaland et al getting a long term/career ending injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.